Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 86
Page 86 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

I always liked the comment "I carry a handgun because I can't carry a policeman!"

Actually, I've had guns all my life, and I got my CCL just so I didn't have to worry about being able to go outside of my house with a gun stuffed in a pocket or in the console of my car. I've been held up a gunpoint when I didn't have a gun on me, and I can't say that I really would've handled it any differently than I did. I didn't have any money or valuables on me, the kid got in a car, drove away, was arrested 30 minutes later and spent the last 10 years in state prison. Situation handled without anybody dying...

3. I grew up in a rough neighborhood, lots of gang activity nearby and shootings in the area. My brother had his car stolen at gunpoint. A friend of his was shot and killed while working the late shift at a convenience store. I never had the luxury of thinking "It can't happen to me."

I may live in a much nicer area now, but crime is everywhere. There's no reason to not be able to protect yourself.

4. I carry to protect myself and my family straight to the point life and property are my motivators

I do for many reasons 1. in 99 I was in a car accident and fractured my neck. Dr said if I receive a hard enough blow to my head again there is a chance I could be paralyzed so boxing is not a good option 2. I have a handicapped Daughter she has a few problems but the dislocated hip and a prosthetic leg does not make for a fast get away! 3. As the Alpha Male of my family my main job it is my job to protect my family & friends at all cost or die trying and I will not fail that JOB!!!!!!!!!!!

In an uncertain world..to protect myself and family

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

7. I carry for self-defense. My wife just got her license as well.

8. I carry conceal because I love my family. I want to be able to do everything I can do to protect them. Thank god I have that right to do so.

Personally, I carry concealed because even though I live in a "open carry" State, there are emotionally unstable people who call the police anyway as soon as they see a gun. Then, I carry because I take seriously our Constitutional Second Amendment.

10. I am A pastor with a church on the edge of town. We are on Major highway at the city limits. It would be very convenient for someone to rob us and be on their way before the police could even be called. I also get into some very dangerous areas during my pastoral visits.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyVee View Post
    I am A pastor with a church on the edge of town. We are on Major highway at the city limits. It would be very convenient for someone to rob us and be on their way before the police could even be called. I also get into some very dangerous areas during my pastoral visits.
    I pray you never have to pull the trigger only wave the gun.