Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 90
Page 90 of 139 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

1. ok I guess my statement of feeling like I have the upper hand was miss spoken.
    I simply meant I would rather not broadcast to would be attackers that I am able to respond with a firearm if I am in a gathering of people when that crazy decides to shoot us all, there by maybe, and yes I mean maybe ,not be the first one they shoot and stand a better chance of shooting back.

3. Quote Originally Posted by BourbonFan View Post
    if I am in a gathering of people when that crazy decides to shoot us all, there by maybe, and yes I mean maybe ,not be the first one they shoot and stand a better chance of shooting back.
    Ah, the "get shot first" theory. But, in all sincerity, I would like to thank you for an honest discussion about the "upper hand" feeling. As my signature line suggests, it seems like a lot of people have a false sense of security from the mere presence of their concealed firearm and can't acknowledge that it is only going to actually be of use if they can successfully deploy it before the criminal can stop them.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

4. [QUOTEit seems like a lot of people have a false sense of security from the mere presence of their concealed firearm and can't acknowledge that it is only going to actually be of use if they can successfully deploy it before the criminal can stop them.[/QUOTE]

Isn't everything we do for safety or security a "false sense of security" until something happens and it works?
    Examples:
    security systems ..there only as good as the company monitoring them and your stuff may be gone before the police even show up.
    Locking your car.. Won't stop all thieves but will probably deter most
    Driving safely and obeying traffic laws,good idea,but it won't stop a drunk driver from plowing into you.
    There are so many things that can go wrong everyday at any place that there really is no safe or secure way to prevent things from going bad but every little bit helps.
    At no time do I really feel safe and secure,just maybe a little better equipped than many people walking around.

Couldn't have said it better, BourbonFan.

6. LC9... perfect fit for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using USA Carry mobile app

I carry because I can't carry a LEO or Recon Marine sniper on my belt. In Arizona, I do, because I can.

8. my tipping point was the movie theatre shooting. I will not be completely defenseless and unable to protect my family any longer. It may not turn out perfectly, but it's beats not being able to fight back with equivilant force.

I think the POTUS should carry concealed, if that got around it made dissuade some close quarter attempt on assassination.

10. Why do you wear a seatbelt? Why do you have a fire extinguisher?

Also, I'm a rather tiny single mom who will not stand helplessly while someone presents a threat to her child.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by netraider View Post
    I think the POTUS should carry concealed, if that got around it made dissuade some close quarter attempt on assassination.
    Rumor is Teddy Roosevelt did have a bedside pistol and carried concealed while president, a Colt large-framed cal. 45 revolver ...

I wonder what the response would be if the next Commander-in-Chief of the United States of America absolutely insisted in concealed carry and/or in keeping an M-4 bedside for self-defense.... Who would have standing to stop him? No one, I would think...

Page 90 of 139 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast