Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 92
Page 92 of 139 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Hey Mike,
    Do yourself a favor. If you can shoot several semi auto's in the caliber that you want so that you will know which one you are the most comfortable with also keep in mind how it will feel after several hours in a inside the pants holster. Some weapons are more comfortable both in the hand and when you put them next to your body. Hope you do well at the weapons course.
    Bill

Mike, important that gun fits your hand. I took awhile for me to get a gun that I could eject without major hand readjustment of position for battery and sighting. Practice ejecting an empty mag with different handguns multiple times before making the buy.

Some great responses, I'd like to add my own. Much like others have said, I carry to protect my family. Moreover though, I carry to protect those who cannot protect themselves. As a citizen, I have come to understand that I have a responsibility to those within my circle of influence; by word and deed. If I can't convince someone to take care of themselves, then I will help if I can when the inevitable SHTF. I'm not trying to be naive, nor am I allowing other's poor decisions to become my problem; rather I am trying to live my faith, and that includes protecting those who need it. If all it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing, then I will do something (to paraphrase). Maybe if there were more of us, then the bad guys wouldn't feel so bold, maybe. Thanks for the question.
    In Peace, Tom
    "Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor." 1 Peter 2:17

As others have said before I carry to protect my loved ones. My firearm levels the playing field. I also travel for work extensively and have ended up in some very unsavory neighborhoods at dangerous times. I refuse to be a victim or to watch someone I love be victimized.

6. Simple....this world gotten to the point that it has far too many unpredictable nut jobs willing to to anything they want without the consideration of the consequences.

the same reason I have fire insurance. Protection

8. I carry concealed because a cop's too heavy.

Actually, I carry because my neighborhood is not what it used to be. All of our local industry has moved to Mexico, or some other foreign country. Countless people have moved and couldn't sell their houses. That led them to foreclosures, and now there are numerous HUD houses surrounding us. Needless to say, many of the renters leave a lot to be desired, and crime has gone through the roof. It's sad because many years ago, the only time I locked my doors is when we went on vacation. Now, we don't feel safe with the doors locked.

There have been several home invasions while the people (old time residents) were home. That's pretty brazen of the scum bag thieves. They seem to have no fear what so ever. My Glock is on my side now at all times. And yes, I do practice on a regular basis. I also have a Remington 870 loaded with 00 buck shot, but I may not be able to get to it in time.

Maybe I can put a little fear into them, that is if they live long enough to cry to the cops on how I was so bold as to defend myself.

9. All of you make a great point and carry (for the most part) for the same reason PROTECTION. We live in a world that's so screwed up, that you have to carry just to survive. I live in a good area and never thought it could happen in my neighborhood. How wrong I was it started with a killing of a local 7-11 employee, 5 mins from my house. Some dirt bags rob and shoot the employee late one night. NOW with the Columbia Mall shooting, I will never leave my house again without my gun. It just shows you that wackos live everywhere so if you think your safe think again. At least I will be able to protect my family and others from the scum bags of this earth.....

oo buck

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock62 View Post
    I carry concealed because a cop's too heavy.

Actually, I carry because my neighborhood is not what it used to be. All of our local industry has moved to Mexico, or some other foreign country. Countless people have moved and couldn't sell their houses. That led them to foreclosures, and now there are numerous HUD houses surrounding us. Needless to say, many of the renters leave a lot to be desired, and crime has gone through the roof. It's sad because many years ago, the only time I locked my doors is when we went on vacation. Now, we don't feel safe with the doors locked.

There have been several home invasions while the people (old time residents) were home. That's pretty brazen of the scum bag thieves. They seem to have no fear what so ever. My Glock is on my side now at all times. And yes, I do practice on a regular basis. I also have a Remington 870 loaded with 00 buck shot, but I may not be able to get to it in time.

Maybe I can put a little fear into them, that is if they live long enough to cry to the cops on how I was so bold as to defend myself.
    You may want to think about #4 Buck as it has 27 pellets and in my exp. it makes a better defense load . 00 Buck in a 2 3/4" load only carry's 9 pellets and in a 3" load it has 12.
    Bill

11. Because I can.

Page 92 of 139 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast