Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 95
Page 95 of 139 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluwizard1 View Post
    Most thugs that plan to attack a person will first try to intimidate that person if they don't see a firearm. I conceal carry so that I have a chance to draw my weapon. If you open carry, the same person will attack without a warning. Conceal carrying just makes more sense in giving you a fighting chance to defend yourself.

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

Maybe some day I or a friend or a family member will benefit from my carrying a firearm. Boy Scouts always taught me to be prepared.

Plus mechanical devices fascinate me and I like to pull out my tool and fondle it in public restroom stalls. I lost a recoil spring in a toilet once. :)

For my benefit, my family's, and those innocent people surrounding me. If it were up to me (and our founding fathers) every able bodied man and woman would carry, but the progressive, liberal thinkers got a head start on kicking that out.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

5. I transport large sums of jewelry so I carry a concealed weapon as deterrent for confrontation if necessary.

6. Quote Originally Posted by norriegayle View Post
    I transport large sums of jewelry so I carry a concealed weapon as deterrent for confrontation if necessary.
    I'm confused... if the gun is hidden how does it deter someone? Don't they have to see it to have a reason to be deterred?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

7. deterrence

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I'm confused... if the gun is hidden how does it deter someone? Don't they have to see it to have a reason to be deterred?
    . If an confrontation should arise I can assure you my gun as you put it would no longer be concealed thus hopefully the deterrent factor.

8. Quote Originally Posted by norriegayle View Post
    . If an confrontation should arise I can assure you my gun as you put it would no longer be concealed thus hopefully the deterrent factor.
    Ok. Because, believe it or not, there are people out there that actually believe that because they are carrying a gun that is hidden that the criminal is less likely to attack them.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

9. The main reason I carry concealed is for protection (duh). Even though I live in a rural area, I still carry 24/7. You never know when you might happen upon a predator, four or two legged type. I am also responsible for the safety and protection of my family. Besides for protection, I am also a Texas CCW instructor, so I live what I teach. Last but not least, it's my right!

Hi All:
    I carry because when I had my FFL and worked at home I would meet some very strange people and need it just in case. Now I carry because I see some very strange people
    all over my small town. Better safe than sorry.

11. I conceal carry, 1) to protect myself and my family, 2) because, although my state allows open carry, concealed carry draws no attention to the fact that I have a weapon on me. Some people are just deathly afraid of guns, while others may tend to look at you as a potential target for some bad intention. My intent is to not draw attention to the fact I have a gun, only to have a means to protect my family and myself at a moments notice should the need arise.

I am not ashamed of being a gun lover/owner, in fact I try to encourage many to procure firearms and get the proper training so they too can protect their loved ones and also to help build up the supporters of the 2nd Amendment. I just prefer to be discreet about the fact I do carry.

Page 95 of 139 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast