Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 96
Page 96 of 139 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

1. Quote Originally Posted by JustTheFacts View Post
    Maybe some day I or a friend or a family member will benefit from my carrying a firearm. Boy Scouts always taught me to be prepared.

Plus mechanical devices fascinate me and I like to pull out my tool and fondle it in public restroom stalls. I lost a recoil spring in a toilet once. :)
    That last part was just plain weird!

3. Quote Originally Posted by jerkos View Post
    Just a note: Learning to reload your own ammo is a great part time hobby. I do .38, 357 Mag., 40, 44 Mag. and 45.
    Also, if most firearms owners manuals are somewhat the same, the manufacturer does not recommend using reloads because it voids the guns warranty. Also top professionals (Massad Ayoob) speak against using reloads for anything other than plinking because should you ever have to fire your gun in self defense and end up in court, the reloads will actually work against your case.

Just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by RagenFlac View Post
    Also, if most firearms owners manuals are somewhat the same, the manufacturer does not recommend using reloads because it voids the guns warranty. Also top professionals (Massad Ayoob) speak against using reloads for anything other than plinking because should you ever have to fire your gun in self defense and end up in court, the reloads will actually work against your case.

Just FYI.
    In that case, don't clean your firearms too often, don't use hollow points, don't use anything over 9mm, don't use anything over a 7 round capacity. All can, and most have, been used in a self defense case.

Quote Originally Posted by RagenFlac View Post
    ... concealed carry draws no attention to the fact that I have a weapon on me...

Some people are just deathly afraid of guns...

while others may tend to look at you as a potential target for some bad intention.
    Everyone has their own opinions, which most of your post is, and that's fine and dandy.

But, if you have open carried you would know it's very rare to have someone "deathly afraid," nearly all "good people" do not notice.

More concealed carriers are targeted for bad intentions. I can count on one hand how many open carriers were targeted for their handgun...in the last decade.

My point being, you can have your opinion, just know it's not based in reality, and you are perpetuating falsehoods about firearms. The worst part about open carrying, is we have to fight anti gunners and concealed carriers who believe opinion trumps reality.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

I totally agree with that. The preference is in the person carrying. Neither is right or wrong. Do what you think is right for you. Both are against the anti-gunners in this world. Let's keep fighting for the right to carry in our State or any other State.

Quote Originally Posted by JustTheFacts View Post
    mechanical devices fascinate me and I like to pull out my tool and fondle it in public restroom stalls. I lost a recoil spring in a toilet once. :)
    First off, that is so wrong on many levels, even if it was just a juvenile attempt at a masterbation joke.
    Secondly.... Is it just me or do we have an epic ND just waiting in the wings with this one?
    Truly... "All men were not created equally"..

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bluwizard1 View Post
    Most thugs that plan to attack a person will first try to intimidate that person if they don't see a firearm. I conceal carry so that I have a chance to draw my weapon. If you open carry, the same person will attack without a warning. Conceal carrying just makes more sense in giving you a fighting chance to defend yourself.
    Agree. This is my main reason for concealed carry over open carry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bluwizard1 View Post
    Most thugs that plan to attack a person will first try to intimidate that person if they don't see a firearm. I conceal carry so that I have a chance to draw my weapon. If you open carry, the same person will attack without a warning. Conceal carrying just makes more sense in giving you a fighting chance to defend yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by NCXDm9 View Post
    Agree. This is my main reason for concealed carry over open carry.
    So, you will be able to provide examples of your theory occurring in real life? [insert sound of crickets chirping here] There are so many legitimate reasons why you could feel that concealed carry is better than open carry FOR YOU. I don't understand why people have to resort to the silly myth expressed above as justification.

http://www.gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-fa...6-2-screen.pdf

Page 29 (printed):

60% of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they knew the victim was armed. 40% of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they thought the victim might be armed.
    It makes no sense whatsoever in any stretch of the imagination why a criminal would choose to attack a person they know has the capability to shoot them when all they have to do is wait 5 minutes for the guy with the gun to leave or go down the street one block to the next convenience store where they can pick any one of the 99.5% of the remaining population that is not displaying the means to kill them with.

Open carry deters armed robbery in Kennesaw - Atlanta gun rights | Examiner.com

Captain Jerry Quan, the Commander for Precinct One, where the Wafflehouse is located, confirmed Matt Brannan's story as one in which the open display of a pistol deterred a well armed robbery crew.
    Gun Owner Saves Lives In The Richmond VA Golden Market Shooting

Open carry was an advantage in this case because in the video I saw just how fast the GO managed to draw his gun and begin to return fire. You always hear about how open carry is so bad tactically – you’ll be the first one shot, etc. Oh, yeah? The GO had a HUGE gun in plain sight and he was NOT shot. Who got shot first? An unarmed store owner.
    So, where is the evidence that the criminal will choose to attack the guy openly carrying his gun when there is such a huge population of seemingly "unarmed" victims available? In decades of open carry, you will find about 3 cases that you might be able to attribute to an attack on a Joe Civilian openly carrying a gun - that's about 1 every 10 years or so. Most of the time when this particular theory is attempting to be defended the most posts we get as "proof" are law enforcement officers being attacked, which is an entirely different scenario because the motivations for attacking law enforcement officers is completely different than attacking Joe Civilian. I can show you two examples of people killed with flowerpots, so I guess we should all hide our flowerpots too.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Ya can't fix stupid...

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

10. Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    Ya can't fix stupid...
    or gullible.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Doesn't this forum have a section for the open carriers to express their supremacy?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Page 96 of 139 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast