Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 97
Page 97 of 139 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    Doesn't this forum have a section for the open carriers to express their supremacy?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, but it normally gets clogged up with concealed only people telling us how wrong we are.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Yeah, but it normally gets clogged up with concealed only people telling us how wrong we are.
    It's just the other side of the same wrong coin.

4. Although I do not carry concealed yet as I haven't received my permit to do so from the state of Kentucky, but when I do it will be for protection. I begin work just after midnight some days and my place of business isn't in the best neighborhood. Also, I am always the first one in to open up. Sad to say, but our parking lot is also dimly lit.

While this was a domestic dispute, it happened less than a 1/2 mile from my house. The police had the street blocked off so we had to make a detour to travel where we wanted to go. I drive by this house often.

I carry because if someone starts shooting at me I want to be able to shoot back.

STANDOFF: Maplewood man, 84, fatally shoots son; stabs self - KMSP-TV

6. I carry both for protection and because I have a right to do so.

I was walking down the street in New Haven, CT - daylight - and three punks tried to mug me. If I had not been carrying a concealed pistol (I have a CT Permit), I probably wouldn't be here today. This happened in front of Yale University.
    I am a former Police Officer, and I have seen enough that I will go no where unarmed.

8. I joined the forum because I believe in the 2nd amendment and our right to protect our country, family, and property. I have been a member of NRA since 1992. As a retired MP, I believe in a strong nation that supports our rights.

9. I carry because I think of it as just as much as a responsibility as it is my right.

10. Why Do I Carry Concealed? Because it is my right. I am a Martial Arts Instructor and I believe that everyone should be aloud to defend themselves. So I carry everywhere especially at home watching TV, out in my yard or out and about. If everyone would exercise their rights and carry maybe we would have a lot less crime.

11. Once I got out of the military I felt naked without a firearm with me at all times. Then I was shot during a convenient store robbery at a time when my wife didn't want me to continue carrying due to a new child in the home. After recovering (about a year) I never leave home without my weapon, never! We live in a crazy world and I will never go down without a fight ever again.

Page 97 of 139 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast