Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 98
Page 98 of 139 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

1. I will carry (I'm waiting for the permit) because I have a strong will to live. It's better to have a firearm and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Also, I live in Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Maynard View Post
    I carry 45acp 1911 Kimber Super Carry Ultra or my new Ed Brown Kobra Carry, Because I am 72 and I am too old to take a ass whippin. I also carry a Sig P238 SAS for a backup. I hope I never have to use them,but if I need it,it is cocked and locked and ready to rock.

I Practice Concealed Carry because as my favorite tee-shirt proclaims :
    "I KEEP A GUN BECAUSE I'M TOO YOUNG TO DIE AND TOO OLD TO TAKE AN ASS WHOOPIN'.
    'Nuff said.
    If Guns Cause Crime, All Of Mine Are Defective! - Ted Nugent

4. Why wouldnt I? Gov, family, self protection, ect. Im an American!

Sent from my LG-MS770 using USA Carry mobile app

5. I started carrying about 5 months ago. It was after the school shooting out east that made me realize that teachers should be armed. I don't get to carry at school yet, but I believe I will be by next fall. I've learned that when citizens are trained and carry it not only makes us safer it makes the country as a woke safer. We need to have a gun culture in the US not anti gun. I've never been anti gun, but I almost started to buy in to the liberal medias song about we'd be safe without certain ARs. The more citizens that are trained to carry, the safer we will be as a nation. So, I carry for my own protection and to protect those around me. The greater cause is for the safety of this great nation.

6. My son is in kindergarten and i am all for Teachers being armed. But I believe they should have special traing for this

Sent from my LG-MS770 using USA Carry mobile app

Several reasons:
    1) To protect my family and myself.
    2) I'm too old to fight and to fat to run as fast as I used to be able to.
    3) You watch the news?
    4) It's my right to do so.
    5) Police are second responders and take too long to get there to save my life or the lives of my loved ones.
    6) I travel.
    7) My dad taught me to shoot at age 6.
    8) I've owned guns since I was about 8 or 9 years old.
    9) It's my right to do so.
    10) I grew up hunting and fishing.
    11) It's my right to do so (did I already list this one?)
    12) When you need a wrench to fix a leaky pipe, it's good to already have it, as opposed to going to have to find it or buy it, cause then it's usually too late and the damage has been done.
    13) It's my right to do so. I refuse to give up my rights.

Choot straight!

Quote Originally Posted by KajnMike View Post
    Several reasons:
    3) You watch the news?
    5) Police are second responders and take too long to get there to save my life or the lives of my loved ones.
    6) I travel.
    12) When you need a wrench to fix a leaky pipe, it's good to already have it, as opposed to going to have to find it or buy it, cause then it's usually too late and the damage has been done.

Choot straight!
    All above and one more, to pi$$ off the anti's!!!!!

I carry because I feel that it is my job to protect my family and myself and the police can only respond after the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by KajnMike View Post
    Several reasons:
    3) You watch the news?
    6) I travel.

Choot straight!
    You pretty much sum up my position; including the old part.

11. I carry concealed for all the same reasons that others have said here. I do carry every day every where I go. A personal observation: I find I have developed an even more tempered judgement dealing with others in situations that previously ticked me off and said something better not spoken. It is a great responsibility to have a deadly weapon available. Another thing: I find that I now never go to any business that puts up any kind of legal or gun buster sign because of the increased danger there. When my state changes to open carry I will continue to conceal but will not be so careful to fully conceal. Never would I open carry to show off or to make a 2A statement but I understand why some choose to do so.