Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 99
Page 99 of 139 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

1. its a scarry world out there and not getting any better, so I am awaiting my conceaL Carry license to arrive for personal protection and to protect my family.

3. Thats exactly how I feel. My temper has gone down 1000 notches.

SigPro2022 .40

My temperament is not dependent on whether I have a pistol or not...

YMMV

Just sayin.... Ya know?

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

5. I've carried for years for many of the reasons listed above (+ once, long before CC was legal here, I was chased by an idiot waving a gun at me and the cops refused to put out a warrant for the guy. That started me down the path to carrying).

These days I carry because I'm older and sicklier than I once was and can no longer defend myself with other means. While I don't have a problem with being old and weak (I've earned it) I do refuse to be prey.
    I'm a big fan of the 2nd ammendment but I don't sacrifice chickens to it.
    Sent from my AN/UGC-74. Pro Patria Vigilans

Simply because a cop is too heavy and when seconds count police are only minutes away. I am sure that has been overstated here too but I'm saying it again.
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

7. I am too old to fight and too fat to run. I know that whenever something bad happens to anyone, the police can always be counted on to secure the crime scene, do a thorough investigation and write a detailed report. I look after my own and I can take care of myself.

8. I've considered carrying for the last few years because we have shootings almost daily here. I hate to say that but it's become a way of life. I refuse to be a victim so I got my permit to carry.

9. Why you really should conceal carry

Quote Originally Posted by quills View Post
    I've considered carrying for the last few years because we have shootings almost daily here. I hate to say that but it's become a way of life. I refuse to be a victim so I got my permit to carry.
    Even thought I live in both a quiet town and quiet crime free neighborhood, I conceal carry at all times. You never know when someone will come into the area to cause trouble. By conceal carrying you know that you will always be prepared to defend yourself should the need ever arise. An open carry could be looked as a challenge, while carrying concealed poses no challenge. It simply ensures that you can protect yourself if your life or property of the life of another unexpectedly happens.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Bluwizard1 View Post
    An open carry could be looked as a challenge, while carrying concealed poses no challenge.
    You are exactly correct. The person openly carrying a handgun does look like a challenge. The vast majority of criminals are not looking for a challenge, they are looking for an easy target. Since carrying concealed poses no challenge, it's just common sense as to which target the criminal is going to choose to attack - the target less likely to pose a challenge. I would much rather the criminal never attack me or my family to begin with and I owe the concealed carry only people a debt of gratitude for dispatching all those criminals that decided it wasn't worth it to attack the guy they knew had a gun.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I don't yet. I am waiting a bit more, because we are about to move from Los Angeles County to Riverside, and I think we'll have a better shot to get an approved application there.
    ~~~ Theodore Roosevelt
    * To educate a man in mind, and not in morals, is to educate a menace to society.