Where I can't carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where I can't carry

Quote Originally Posted by walther380 View Post
    What are the chances of a bad guy going into his room, which is probably 1 out of 100's, then go find his stuff and get his gun and commit a crime with it? I can't go into a hospital in my town with out being asked where Im going and what patient am I seeing. I do agree that his bag should have been locked up since the nurses seem to have sticky fingers at this hospital.

What were they doing going thru your stuff in the first place?
    It violates the safety rules we teach in every handgun class. Period. No exceptions to these safety rules. EVER!

What are the chances? Well, people steal guns and commit crimes every day. What are the chances you would have died today? The mathematical probability is in the millions to one. But you have life insurnace don't you? The reasoning behind my statement is because we can't control our world. Anyone who thinks we can is wrong. My statement is for the reasons I can't think of, not the arrogance to think I have it all covered. People will steal anything. My friend's elderly father had his gold dentures stolen from the hospital room locker. Besides, I don't want a patient partially under the influence of any post operative drug handling a gun in any public area. It's just not safe, thus the rule should be obeyed.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by stingray2100 View Post
    ok so according to the Florida Department of Argiculture (link to the info Possession Restrictions - Weapons - Division of Licensing, FDACS )
    there is no indication that you can not carry legally inside a hospital.

I do not see any fereral law prohibiting the lawful carry inside a hospital.
    but if it was a teaching hospital it is not indicated in the law in that clear stated way so that whould need to go up to a court of law for decision.
    I'm curious... as an instructor do you teach students to keep guns away from unauthorized persons and to never handle a gun while under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I teach my students to keep a watchful eye on there firearms and to keep them away from unauthorized people (family or regular people around the firearm).

I agree that is it odd that the people at the hospital touched your bag without prior authorization from you, but if you where going in for a procedure. You should of taken a portable lockbox, a small gunsafe and tie it to your locker to make sure it was secure while you where having your procedure. So in that instance you got lucky that someone did not take you gun and sold it at an FFL, pawn shop or something worst. But anyway you live you learn and hope never to do the same mistake more than twice.

5. Quote Originally Posted by blacksharkL82 View Post
    After, reading ALL the FL gun laws, I can not find any law/rule, disallowing hospital carry.
    Can anyuone, in FL., tell me where I can find out where they got thier info from or was it in thier dreams?
    F.S. 394.458 "...except as authorized by law it is a third degree felony for any person to bring, carry, possess, or transport a firearm or other dangerous weapon (or alcoholic beverage) upon the grounds of any hospital (or mental health facility) providing mental health services...." On the plus side F.S. 790.06(12) does not list "hospitals or mental health facilities". You could consider yourself lucky that you are not a "Test Case". I am surprised your lawyer couldn't tell you that.

Perhaps you should purchase a copy of Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership - Seventh Edition by Jon H. Gutmacher, Esq. Your LGD should have a copy.

Have a nice day,
    GH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12