Beretta PX4 or Springfield XD - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta PX4 or Springfield XD

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    Why is that? I have no experience with Beretta but they seem to be very well made.
    I carried a Beretta M9 in the Army and just had bad experiences with it in shoot-ability (I am a pretty good shot with an M9 but I seem to be a much better shot with almost anything else), breakage/delicacy, rust bucket (especially with the open slide exposing the barrel). Just left a bad taste in my mouth. I am sure Beretta makes many fine firearms and I have shot some of them. It is just that when it is close between two guns, for me the tie breaks away from the Beretta. Also I really like Springfield Armory.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by disneyr View Post
    I carried a Beretta M9 in the Army and just had bad experiences with it in shoot-ability (I am a pretty good shot with an M9 but I seem to be a much better shot with almost anything else), breakage/delicacy, rust bucket (especially with the open slide exposing the barrel). Just left a bad taste in my mouth. I am sure Beretta makes many fine firearms and I have shot some of them. It is just that when it is close between two guns, for me the tie breaks away from the Beretta. Also I really like Springfield Armory.
    Makes sense. I was just curious if there was something about Beretta I didn't know.

The m9 is one HUGE 9mm. I do find it amusing that once the military adopted the M9, then (I think this is all correct) the Navy adopted the Sig (M11) for certain uses, the Marines started building MEU/SOC 1911s, and the Navy SEALs started the SOCCOM pistol program. You never heard about this kind of stuff while the 1911 was in service, but then again we didn't have the internet either.

I have been getting used to the carry mode around my house daily with the XD40 sub-compact. It's amazingly accurate with such short barrel.

If I get Ca approval or when I travel out of state with my freshly printed Florida non-resident permit, I will pack the XD.

-178S

I love my Beretta Px4 Storm Compact. I carry it everyday. The XD and the HK are both great guns too, but the Beretta feels like it was made for me.
    Billy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12