Beretta PX4 or Springfield XD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Beretta PX4 or Springfield XD

  1. #1

    Beretta PX4 or Springfield XD

    My husband is debating between a Beretta PX4 and a Springfield XD. He is getting a H&K 45c on trade but not sure that he wants that as his carry weapon. He really likes the two listed above. Just want to get opinions on these two. Which one is more accurate, etc. Thanks in advance!!

  2.   
  3. #2

    Springfield XDm

    Quote Originally Posted by kotaNsid View Post
    My husband is debating between a Beretta PX4 and a Springfield XD. He is getting a H&K 45c on trade but not sure that he wants that as his carry weapon. He really likes the two listed above. Just want to get opinions on these two. Which one is more accurate, etc. Thanks in advance!!
    I will not comment on the Beretta PX4 as I have never held or shot one. But I CAN comment on the H&K and Springfield.

    I have an H&K USPc AND a Springfield XDm 3.8 (not the compact)--both in 9mm.

    The H&K is an outstanding weapon. Accurate, well made, reliable. Trigger is a little on the spongy side.

    The Springfield XDm is also an outstanding weapon. Accurate, well made, and reliable. It is also significantly cheaper to buy, cheaper to buy parts for, and shoots "softer and smoother."

    As to which is "more accurate," I'd say the H&K might have the advantage by a hair but that the Springfield is quicker to get BACK ON TARGET after each shot.

    I cannot bring myself to let go of the H&K, but I have to say that I prefer to shoot the Springfield. The 19 round mag makes it difficult for ME (5'6" woman) to conceal, but with 19+1 rounds I have to tell you that it is the #1 choice [of all of our handguns] for home defense and also for practice.

    For a practical choice, I'd go with the Springfield over the H&K. I'm not sure if they are still doing this, but when I purchased my XDm they were offering 3 extra mags and a mag holster for FREE with proof of purchase...adding to the overall value of the purchase.

    Hope this helps.

  4. #3
    Thanks for the info. He really likes the H&K, but they are expensive as far as parts, magazines, etc. So I think he will keep that one as one of our home defense weapons. I will have to check on that deal with the XDm. Thanks again.

  5. I am a Fan of both.

    I have a Beretta PX4 Storm in a .40 S&W.
    AWESOME


    What I like:
    + Accurate
    + Hefty/Solid Construction
    + Rotating barrel to reduce recoil
    + NO SAFETY, I personally believe a gun with a safety is more dangerous. (I see more people point it at people accidentally because it won't fire... Safety left on)
    + Smooth Action
    + Aggressive Grip (it's not slippery at all, very solid)
    + Great size (full size gun, I am 6'4" and a big hand)


    Overall very impressed. I have 4 other hand guns, and I really really like my PX4

    My Dad has an XD40
    It is a great gun as well.
    I only have a little bit o range time with it though.
    I also have a friend who has an XD45. Cool as well.

    Hope this helps.

    Happy Shooting

    Kevin

  6. #5
    When in doubt or if it is a close call, I always vote against the Beretta.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJElbert View Post
    I am a Fan of both.

    I have a Beretta PX4 Storm in a .40 S&W.
    AWESOME


    What I like:
    + Accurate
    + Hefty/Solid Construction
    + Rotating barrel to reduce recoil
    + NO SAFETY, I personally believe a gun with a safety is more dangerous. (I see more people point it at people accidentally because it won't fire... Safety left on)
    + Smooth Action
    + Aggressive Grip (it's not slippery at all, very solid)
    + Great size (full size gun, I am 6'4" and a big hand)


    Overall very impressed. I have 4 other hand guns, and I really really like my PX4

    My Dad has an XD40
    It is a great gun as well.
    I only have a little bit o range time with it though.
    I also have a friend who has an XD45. Cool as well.

    Hope this helps.

    Happy Shooting

    Kevin
    My wife carries the PX4 Storm in .45 cal full size. I get to "clean it" and shoot it on a regular bases it very accurate, easy to take down. I carry a Sig and like the HK they are expensive, but you get what you pay for. If money is a picking point I would go with Beretta. My two cents:)
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyr View Post
    When in doubt or if it is a close call, I always vote against the Beretta.
    Why is that? I have no experience with Beretta but they seem to be very well made.

  9. #8
    I had the XDm in .40 and XD sc in .40 and still have the PX4 in .40. notice the I had on the XD's. Love the way the PX 4 shoots.
    BTW my ECD is a SA 1911 commander
    Raul In Sunny Tavernier, The Florida Keys.
    Glock: Feed it dirt, it'll still work.
    CWFL. Speak softly and carry concealed!

  10. #9
    I looked at those 2 myself and ended up going for the XD since it was a little cheaper. It is an XD9 SC and I have no reason to regret it. It's been completely reliable with about 1,500 rounds so far, no problems whatsorever. It may not be terribly pretty but it works like a swiss watch and is a breeze to clean. When you take it apart (which is as simple as it could possibly be) you find solid well made parts that are almost idiot proof to put back together. I am very impressed with this gun.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mo.
    Posts
    137
    XDm or XD is my choice
    We ALL shall see the Lord one day .... please don't make me set up the meeting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast