Question on holster for chl
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on holster for chl

Question on holster for chl

hello Everyone,

I am new to CC, and recently just received mine. I am looking for a good CC Holster for my Smith and Wesson SW9VE. I feel it is limited because, the firearm does not have a "Physical" safety. It does have a long trigger pull, which is the safety in there eyes. I am wanting to carry with "one in the chamber" but do not feel 100 percent safe doing so becasue of the fact of it not having a safety.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Just make sure the holster you get covers the trigger guard and is stiff enough to not somehow get caught up in it.

I use a Tagua for my Kahr PM9 and am very happy with it.

I got an IWB tuckable holster from cheaper than dirt for my makarov and i love it. Gun sits low, trigger is covered, and is good size, and very affordable.

crossbreed supertuck, awesome product, great customer service. a lil expensive but quality and cust service make up for it. i just had them fully replace mine cause of a very small crack that started to form. they could of fixed it, but send a brand new one to me with in a week..... cant put a price on that!!!
    CROSSBREED HOLSTERS.....check em out!

Ok, if you are not ready to carry with one in the chamber then what I recommend is to put an a-ZOOM snap cap in the chamber for a few months and carry like that...so you can get used to it and get more confident with your holser and pistol.

on the holster...do not go cheap...get a good holster and a good gun belt they do make a difference. also get a smaller gun man that is a cannon. :)

welcome to the club and carry every day...and get some good training...go to the range at least 2 times a month to stay current and proficient.

Thanks for the insight, I do go to range very frequently, it is what I do to get away.....lol....i am very familiar with my SW9VE, that is why I prefer to carry it.

8. First I am a huge advocate of high quality (meaning higher priced) holsters. As you carry on a regular basis you will try various methods of carry and discover what works. I typically suggest that persons who are new to carrying purchase several types of inexpensive leather holsters to try out various methods of carry.

Once you find a method that works. Find a good holster maker and have one made in the style you prefer.

One thing you will need is a new set of belts. Double thickness 1 1/4" wide belts in several colors (match your shoes!) thebeltman.net makes some very nice belts that are very reasonably priced for their quality.

Quote Originally Posted by gkeil961 View Post
    hello Everyone,

I am new to CC, and recently just received mine. I am looking for a good CC Holster for my Smith and Wesson SW9VE. I feel it is limited because, the firearm does not have a "Physical" safety. It does have a long trigger pull, which is the safety in there eyes. I am wanting to carry with "one in the chamber" but do not feel 100 percent safe doing so becasue of the fact of it not having a safety.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    The 9VE was my first gun, if there's a gun that you don't have to worry about carrying one in the chamber....it's the Sigma! It actual DOES have physical internal safeties as the Glock they ripped off. Just no manual ones. I've attached pics of my Sigma in a CBST, Kholster, and Blackhawk Serpa OWB. The Kholster and Blackhawk are actually for my M&P but with the exception of the .45, M&P & Sigma holsters are interchangeable as you can see. Your not getting anywhere near that trigger when carrying. Sigma's average a 12lb trigger pull! Not something to easily engage. And a +1 on the gun belt.
    Attached Images Attached Images Question on holster for chl-img_9159.jpg Question on holster for chl-img_9158.jpg Question on holster for chl-img_9160.jpg 

I just purchased a blackhawk serpa and love it.....it is really comfortable and I know carry one in the tube....great holster for my smith and wesson sigma 9

Congrats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast