Just Issued Florida Non-Resident CCW
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Issued Florida Non-Resident CCW

Just Issued Florida Non-Resident CCW

I live in California and travel on my bike cross country every summer. Decided to get the Fla non-resident as it is valid in 38 states.

Had my interview for a California CCW 2 weeks ago. Interview went well and the deputy is recommending I be issued. Still up to the sheriff though, I am not holding my breath as CCW in this dump is hard to come by.

We shall see.

-178S

3. You should try for one in maryland its damn near imposable

4. All of you with difficulties exercising basic human and constitutional rights should move home :)

Free State Project - Liberty in Our Lifetime

No offense Highline, but I wouldn't move back to the north on a bet! I lived way too many years up there. I'm too old to be cold, and I like having room to move around. I have a 3.5 acre piece of land that cost me 20K. Find me something like that up there. I pay about $1500 a year in property taxes. I pay no state income tax. I can travel 2 hours to the east or west and be at the beach. And I can afford to live down here.

I don't make political statements with my choice of lifestyle. However, if others want to, I say "more power to 'em".

6. No offense taken, sir.

:)

7. Thumbs up

If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you to get your permit?
    Congrats on getting your CCW.
    An optimist, is someone that doesn't know all the facts!

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you to get your permit?
    Congrats on getting your CCW.
    Left my mailbox 3/1/11 and arrived back same place, 5/6/11

Not bad at all considering I waited 4 months for my Cali interview and was told I would hear something from the sheriff one way or other in 4 weeks. Another 2 weeks to go.

-178S

9. Any state that scores an 80 of 100 on the Brady Campaign scoring system is a state I'd personally want nothing to do with. Kissing police ass to exercise a basic right disgusts me.

I think my New Hampshire scores a 6..... but I'd prefer Arizona's 0.

10. Quote Originally Posted by One78Shovel View Post
    Left my mailbox 3/1/11 and arrived back same place, 5/6/11

Not bad at all considering I waited 4 months for my Cali interview and was told I would hear something from the sheriff one way or other in 4 weeks. Another 2 weeks to go.

-178S
    Thanks for the quick answer, I hopefully will get mine about the middle of June.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Highline View Post
    Any state that scores an 80 of 100 on the Brady Campaign scoring system is a state I'd personally want nothing to do with. Kissing police ass to exercise a basic right disgusts me.

I think my New Hampshire scores a 6..... but I'd prefer Arizona's 0.
    From what I've found, Florida 6, New Hampshire 9, both pretty good scores.
    That's probably why One78Shovel got a CCW from Florida while trying to get one from California 79.
    I know Florida issues a lot of non-resident permits, another reason to try Florida.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast