Can a Canadian be issued a "Concealed Carry Permit"? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Can a Canadian be issued a "Concealed Carry Permit"?

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    As for the current POTUS, in order to run for that office he has to have passed a background eligibility check. His father was an immigrant, but he was born in the US to a US Citizen mother and therefore he is a US Citizen by birth, born in the US & over the age of 35 and in that case is legally eligible for the position he holds. Unfortunately, he's doing a crap job of it.
    The Constitution requires that the President be a "Natural Born Citizen", which means both parents had to be citizens. Had the Founding Fathers merely meant "citizen", they would have said so. He's not my President, he's ineligble. The office is currently vacant, our next President will be the 44th. In case you haven't heard it before, hear it from me and check it out yourself, the requirement of the Congress to ensure eligibility was never performed (Congress did not do the job as required by law, and has become part of the lawsuit now being heard, which also explains why it has not been dismissed, as requested by Obama's team)!

As for the requirements for an entry visa meeting the requirements for a criminal background check for issue of a concealed carry permit, I don't buy that the Visa entry requirements meet that rigor, any more than the requirements I met for CCW met the stiffer requirements for a Top Secret clearance. Nobody said they would accept my CCW in lieu of a thorough, year long investigation to get my TS either.

An additional and final point to this post, sheriffs may unwittingly be issuing permits, but they may do so without meeting all the requirements they have for issue (not all of them are Constitutional scholars!). We just recently passed a law in NC to require a sheriff to be free of any felony convictions. Seems a convicted felon was legally running for the office of sheriff in one of our counties, and there was no previous law to prevent it!

Whether you buy it or not is irrelevent, FACT is a non citizen permanent resident CAN have a firearm and CAN have a conceal permit, FACT is I am a non citizen permanent resident and I do have both the gun and the permit to conceal. The check is possible and doesn't take forever. In fact, the last handgun I purchased the information was put in the online form the FFL uses, and within 5 seconds of them clicking the submit button the purchase came back as approved, all this while the previous 3 customers were still waiting for a reply to their checks.

However, I agree Obama should not be president, he's only there because a bunch of uneducated lowlife voted him into office

4. Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    Whether you buy it or not is irrelevant...
    Barrack Obama is just as much a natural born citizen as any other natural born citizen...even coachdb18

In a speech before the House of Representatives in May 1789, James Madison said:

It is an established maxim, that birth is a criterion of allegiance. Birth, however, derives its force sometimes from place, and sometimes from parentage; but, in general place is the most certain criterion; it is what applies in the United States.
    Not sayin' I like it, just sayin' it is.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Barrack Obama is just as much a natural born citizen as any other natural born citizen...even coachdb18

Not sayin' I like it, just sayin' it is.
    The term "Natural Born Citizen", and the term "citizen" are not interchangeable. One can be a citizen through naturalization, but a "Natural Born Citizen" can only be so through being born to parents who are themselves US citizens. Obama has never denied his father was Kenyan, not a US citizen. He cannot ever qualify, under the terms of the US Constitution, for the office of President of the United States. You may now wriggle and parse words at your leisure, but what I have stated is unarguable fact!

6. Please stay on topic.
    I hate to ask this of people so passionate about their conversation, but can we please keep posts here at least somewhat related to the original question: Can a Canadian be issued a "Concealed Carry Permit"?

There's a lot of misinformation early in the thread, but the short answer is: Yes, in some states.

My state is North Carolina. Here's the rule for my permit:

The sheriff has ninety (90 )days from the time all application materials are received to
    either issue or deny a permit. N.C. Gen. Stat. § 14-415.15(a) In order for an applicant to
    be approved, he/she must:
    1. be a citizen of the United States;
    2. have been a resident of the State of North Carolina for not less than 30 days
    immediately preceding the filing of the application;
    3. be at least 21 years of age;
    4. not suffer from any physical or mental infirmity that prevents the safe
    handling of a handgun; and
    5. have successfully completed an approved firearms training course (unless
    specifically exempted from the course by state law).
    N.C. Gen. Stat. § 14-415.12(a)(1-5)

Quote Originally Posted by Booga View Post
    Please stay on topic.
    I hate to ask this of people so passionate about their conversation, but can we please keep posts here at least somewhat related to the original question: Can a Canadian be issued a "Concealed Carry Permit"?

There's a lot of misinformation early in the thread, but the short answer is: Yes, in some states.
    ...if they are Permnanet Resident though. Not if they are here temporarly as a tourist.
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

9. Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    ...if they are Permnanet Resident though. Not if they are here temporarly as a tourist.
    Again, that is NOT a requirement for the Washington permit.

RCW 9.41.173: Alien possession of firearms

RCW 9.41.173
    Alien possession of firearms — Alien firearm license — Political subdivisions may not modify requirements — Penalty for false statement.

(1) In order to obtain an alien firearm license, a nonimmigrant alien residing in Washington must apply to the sheriff of the county in which he or she resides.
    However, on July 7, 2011 a new law will take effect in Washington which requires an alien residing in Washington to provide a United States issued alien number or admission number, so in July 7, 2011 a non-permanent resident alien will not be able to obtain the CPL. Open carry will still be legal for them, though, with the alien firearm license.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Well I admit I am not fully versed on Washington laws as my TN permit is not reconized there (plus probably won't ever be there...lol)

The reason the Washington AG gave me has been changed by TN law and I checked back, but as of now still not honored.

Sorry for going off-topic again.
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

Seems there is a lot of differing views on this, considering I am a Canadian citizen, living in Alberta, and have a Idaho CCW permit application in my desk at home. They said call if I had any questions.

Later.....
    If guns kill people......mine must be defective.

"Teenagers scare the living chitt outta me!"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast