Can a Canadian be issued a "Concealed Carry Permit"?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can a Canadian be issued a "Concealed Carry Permit"?

1. Can a Canadian be issued a "Concealed Carry Permit"?

I'm wondering if there is a state that would issue a non-resident, visiting Canadian citizen. Basically I'm looking for legal means to get a "Concealed Carry Permit" that is recognized in mostly western states like Washington and Oregon. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I don't know about all 50 states, but all the ones I've ever checked you had to be a US Citizen or a lawful permanent resident.
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

4. Smile Ccw

Yes you have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for any type of CCW, whether temporary or permanent. However, lets take a lighter look at this just in case Canada eventually overturns their worthless gun laws and decides to join the fraternity of gun loving law abiding citizens; Lets say that by mistake, bureauacratic foulup,etc., you are issued a temporary CCW permit. Are you aware of the dire consequences you may be facing. Your PM would contact obana and request that you be deported for being a gun-toting hate-mongering terrorist who is fomenting war between our Countries.Then in secret we would have to send in Navy Seals to rescue you. You see, its just not worth the trouble. Get a Nintendo and practice firing your toy gun at the TV. Have fun.

NRA Benefactor Life Member-CCW holder

5. Lol! Ouch! All I have to say is I can't blame you for that point of view of Canadas gun laws. Don't let happen to your country, I'm begging you. Its a colossal waste of tax dollars just so politicians can get the vote from uneducated green peace tree hugging prius driving ******** that don't have a clue. I enjoy my guns, and so do a lot of other Canadians. I just wish we didn't let this happen to our freedoms. And by the way, I already wore out my nintendo!

2A

Sorry, but the 2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution only applies to U.S. Citizens

Quote Originally Posted by NRA UR2 View Post
    Yes you have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for any type of CCW, whether temporary or permanent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud pup P View Post
    Sorry, but the 2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution only applies to U.S. Citizens
    In TN (and many other states) you do NOT have to be a US citizen to get a carry permit, a person that is a Lawful Permanent Resident (see definition here) can get a permit.

But as I said in my first post, I don't know of any state that will issue a permit to a non-citizen just visiting the US.
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

Quote Originally Posted by NRA UR2 View Post
    Yes you have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for any type of CCW, whether temporary or permanent.
    Take a civics class, there is no way to be a temporary citizen.

I would hate to hear about you visiting or returning to Canada and as you show your ID they strip search you and your car, the NRA sticker on my truck caused the truck to be searched. I no longer spend my money in Canada and I at one time hunted there. Sorry, hope your politicians wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post

Originally Posted by NRA UR2

Take a civics class, there is no way to be a temporary citizen.
    ? Rather than getting snarky, you both may want to take a Grammar class . Because of the comma right after the noun "CCW" participial phrases must describe the noun immediately after the comma.
    "I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the "heck" they please".-John Wayne

At the time I got my first CCW, I wasn't an American citizen -- I was an Australian and just a girlie.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast