Utah non-res, where can i conceal carry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Utah non-res, where can i conceal carry

1. Utah non-res, where can i conceal carry

Hi, im from WI & we only hav open carry. I got my utah non resident permit but im still unclear what states i can LEGALLY carry in being that I only have my UTAH permit... Oh and id also like to kno if I have to have ammo out of the cartridge(s) in a vehicle,EVEN THO THE TWO ARE TOTALLY SEPERATE(TRUNK & GLOVE)?

Thanks
    Rhyno

Quote Originally Posted by Rhynoceo View Post
    Hi, im from WI & we only hav open carry. I got my utah non resident permit but im still unclear what states i can LEGALLY carry in being that I only have my UTAH permit... Oh and id also like to kno if I have to have ammo out of the cartridge(s) in a vehicle,EVEN THO THE TWO ARE TOTALLY SEPERATE(TRUNK & GLOVE)?

Thanks
    Rhyno

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps

Click on UT, then on Non-Resident.

Whether your mags can be loaded or not would change from state to state. I usually keep them unloaded but with the guns. Ammo somewhere else. Although the carry map gets updated it's still always a good idea to check with each state to verify reciprocity. (Usually State Police Websites)

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps

Click on UT, then on Non-Resident.

Whether your mags can be loaded or not would change from state to state. I usually keep them unloaded but with the guns. Ammo somewhere else. Although the carry map gets updated it's still always a good idea to check with each state to verify reciprocity. (Usually State Police Websites)

As far as I know, as long as the State you are traveling in honors your ccw permit, then you can keep gun, mags loaded. No need to unload, and or lock up the gun, mags, ammo. Although, every state has different laws on where you can carry (schools, parks), and, or how you carry (concealed, open).

As far as I know, as long as the State you are traveling in honors your ccw permit, then you can have gun, mags loaded. No need to unload, and or lock up the gun, mags, ammo. However, every state has different laws on where you can carry (schools, parks), and, or how you carry (concealed, open).

6. As a general rule of thumb, you can carry in most states that aren't on the west coast or in the northeast. But since you have a non-resident permit, your permit isn't recognized in states, such as Florida, South Carolina, Colorado, and Michigan, that require resident permits.
    REPEAL THE UNCONSTITUTIONAL NATIONAL FIREARMS AND GUN CONTROL ACTS

7. Thanks you all for the great clarification, saved me unnecessary problems/headaches....

Quote Originally Posted by Rhynoceo View Post
    I got my utah non resident permit but im still unclear what states i can LEGALLY carry in being that I only have my UTAH permit...
    I don't understand how you could be unsure? Reciprocity/recognition is something that your instructor should have gone over in class....didn't they?

9. Yeah, I know all the common stuff, I just know that these sensitive laws are frequently changing and I just wanted to make sure that my understanding was up to date and my knowledge was correct. The sarcastic undermining isnt needed... I just want to make sure im up to date with my knowledge... Miss me with the macho-ness, tuff guy...

10. IF YOU DONT HAVE HELPFUL INSIGHT TO OFFER FOR THOSE WHO ASK A QUESTION, THEN PLEASE DONT COMMENT MR. PRO SHOOTER.... THANK YOU SIR.....OR MAM. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ASKING A QUESTION! cant even ask a question these days......

The reciprocity maps are a good start for the general info. After each there's also a list of restrictions per state like in some you can't carry in churches for example and in some you can. What you should probably do is to get really really closely familiar with the laws of the state that you live in first. And then before you travel read up on the section about the state you are going to. It's what I would do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast