What Brand of Defensive Ammunition Do You Use in Your EDC? - Page 5

View Poll Results: What Brand of Defensive Ammunition Do You Use in Your Every Day Carry?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Winchester

28 17.18%
  • Federal

26 15.95%
  • Hornady

59 36.20%
  • CCI

7 4.29%
  • Remington

17 10.43%
  • other

26 15.95%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What Brand of Defensive Ammunition Do You Use in Your EDC?

I EDC a snubby (642 or 637) so I carry Hornady .38 Spcl JHP/XTP. I went with this load because of penetration and accuracy.

hornady critical defense .45 185gr and when I carry my .357 SIG- hornady 124gr XTP JHP

9mm Black Talon g19, gold dot le 165gn 40cal mini cougar

Whatever's on sale. I've got some Remington Golden Saber in my .45 1911(185gr) and S&W M&P9c(147gr)...

I have Speer Gold Dot in my TCP .380(95gr I think)

I've got a 9mm mag with Power Ball rounds in it! It was on sale for like 12 bucks for 20rds or something like that.

I've got Remington UMC SJHP in my two .38 Specials... it's 125gr +p rounds I believe.

I don't believe that I need to have the "best" personal defense round in my gun to drop somebody...

2 or 3 rounds of FMJ in the chest will stop you in your tracks... I've yet to see proof otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

7. Hornady Critical Defense

There seems to be some question as to why hand loads might be a bad idea. To start with, when the crime scene people look at the forensics they may not come up with the right answer. Each powder, primer, and bullet combination is going to leave slightly different traces. If they use the data from factory ammo with the same "head stamp" it might not compare favorably with your story. Without factory ammo of the same lot to compare it to you could be in big trouble. You also give the DA ammo (pun intended) to prosecute you with. He may use this to paint you as some gun crazed nut, so anxious to shoot someone that you made these super killer rounds. If you get a hand loader on the jury you might do okay but that is not a die I care to roll. I also used to carry hand loads till this was pointed out to me. Read what Massad Ayoob has to say on the subject, he says it far better than I can. We must be good enough with our gun to survive a gun fight. Having survived a gun fight we need to survive the legal system.

Hornady Critical Defense

Winchester Ranger 127gr T-series +P+ for my full-sized, & Ranger 147gr T-series in my EDC.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

PMC ElDorado
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast