Question about carrying on the water

Thread: Question about carrying on the water

Question about carrying on the water

I'm a kayaker who takes (and leads) a lot of trips throughout the Southeast. I have a NC CCW permit, so all of the states in the SE are covered by my permit (NC permits are valid in 37 states). But I'm out in the woods on small rivers, lakes, islands, platforms, etc where I'm also sometimes camping as well, so in addition to the possible BG, I also have to consider the lions and tigers and bears, Oh My! (as well as rabid fox and such, a real problem where I'm going). My question in all this is, are there different rules or permits for carrying on the water? My boat has a day hatch behind the seat, which is where I keep my lunch, my water, and my .357. But am I "legal"?

I would follow the law for where the body of water lies. If it runs through a national, follow rules for that. If a in a local park, follow the laws for that local.

4. The National Park Service hates armed subjects. But new federal law forced them to allow it. If you meet the legal requirements for carrying in the state where you're at (know whether your CCW lets you carry concealed, whether open carry is legal, etc.), then the Park is forced to abide by the same rules. They hate it, but they have to obey it. I've had a Washington State CPL for 36 years. I don't believe in letting anyone know I'm armed, unless I've decided to use it. Even before the Park was forced to allow guns, our local Deputy here in the North Cascades National Park and Ross Lake National Recreation Area told his wife NEVER go into the Park unarmed. Two legged predators have long considered Parks to be safe hunting grounds, and that Deputy knew about the things they'd covered up. Let's hope the new rules allow us to change Parks for the better.
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I have always had one in our camper when we camped.

REAL camping involves carrying what you need on your back into the woods, and having a good strong pair of boots!