2A Rights Being Withheld/Violated
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2A Rights Being Withheld/Violated

2A Rights Being Withheld/Violated

Got a question/problem that I'd like to see what everyone's opinion is on it...

My Brother-In-Law works as an Over-The-Road (OTR) Truck Driver. He has to drive into and through some of the worst cesspools in American Society and down to the Texas/Mexico border all the time.

He has a CCW permit, but is PROHIBITED from having ANY FIREARM on his truck at any time. Why is that? I know it is the Feds ICC that have stated that he cannot legally carry any firearm, but why?

It seems to me that a Commerce regulatory agency has said that the 2A does not extend to those who drive trucks on the highways.

How do we go about getting it changed? I've written to my two senators and my representative, but have not heard anything be done to change this...

Just wondering...
    JPKirkpatrick
    USAF-Ret; NRA Life; CRPA Life; USA Carry Mbr;
    Oath Keepers Chrtr Mbr; USCCA Mbr; HGCA Mbr; Ret Former LEO

I agree. Crossing state lines does not change the essence of a good man.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

4. What "Constitution?"

Others will argue but it is very clear to me that the "Constitution" does not exist unless the "Government" permits it too.

You can't even carry a Pistol in Philadelphia. the birthplace of the "Constitution" without being arrested.

5. He has a CCW permit, but is PROHIBITED from having ANY FIREARM on his truck at any time. Why is that? I know it is the Feds ICC that have stated that he cannot legally carry any firearm, but why?
    Could you please cite the law or regulation in question? This may be a case of his Employer forbiding firearms rather than the federal government. I seem to recall reading that other OTR truckers carried regularly. They simply complied with federal safe jorney laws when traveling through firearm unfreindly states.

Quote Originally Posted by JPKirkpatrick View Post
    Got a question/problem that I'd like to see what everyone's opinion is on it...

My Brother-In-Law works as an Over-The-Road (OTR) Truck Driver. He has to drive into and through some of the worst cesspools in American Society and down to the Texas/Mexico border all the time.

He has a CCW permit, but is PROHIBITED from having ANY FIREARM on his truck at any time. Why is that? I know it is the Feds ICC that have stated that he cannot legally carry any firearm, but why?

It seems to me that a Commerce regulatory agency has said that the 2A does not extend to those who drive trucks on the highways.

How do we go about getting it changed? I've written to my two senators and my representative, but have not heard anything be done to change this...

Just wondering...
    There are no Federal regulations prohibiting him from carrying a firearm in his truck/on his person. He can carry a firearm by any method that is allowed by the law of the state he is located in at any particular time. If he is passing through a state that is not a destination, and he can lawfully possess a firearm at his origin and destination, then, if he chooses to, can carry a firearm in accordance with FOPA (Firearms Owners' Protection Act) which is 18 USC 926A while traveling through a state, if he doesn't want to carry in accordance with that state's laws.

Sometimes rumor and assumption are worse enemies to our 2A rights than regulations and laws.

Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and US DOT Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration both say the it is LEGAL for a driver to possess a personal firearm in their truck:

http://www.phmsa.dot.gov/portal/site...gnextfmt=print
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

whhhaaaatt

Quote Originally Posted by bob16066:202082
    What "Constitution?"

Others will argue but it is very clear to me that the "Constitution" does not exist unless the "Government" permits it too.

You can't even carry a Pistol in Philadelphia. the birthplace of the "Constitution" without being arrested.
    I live in Philadelphia, its legal to open and conceal carry in Philadelphia as long as you have a ccw permit. The problem arrises when the PPD is not well educated in the carry laws of PA. and then harass you. People here are already paranoid because of these idiot thugs running around shooting up the place. I'll keep my gun concealed , Ill stick with the element of surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtyoung85 View Post
    The problem arrises when the PPD is not well educated in the carry laws of PA. and then harass you. People here are already paranoid because of these idiot thugs running around shooting up the place. I'll keep my gun concealed , Ill stick with the element of surprise.
    The PPD isn't harassing people out of ignorance of the law or lack of training.....
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    The PPD isn't harassing people out of ignorance of the law or lack of training.....
    Brought to you by the same folks who perpetrated the "Move" fiasco on Osage Avenue.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT:202139
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtyoung85 View Post
    The problem arrises when the PPD is not well educated in the carry laws of PA. and then harass you. People here are already paranoid because of these idiot thugs running around shooting up the place. I'll keep my gun concealed , Ill stick with the element of surprise.
    And how would you know. I truly believe some but not all would know. You have good cops, you have bad cops. You'll have some that are very strong with laws and regulations and then you have some that my be weak. I should know I'm US Army retired and I know a few cops.

Arrow Philadelphia Freedom

I used to be a rolling stone
    You know if the cause was right
    I'd leave to find the answer on the road
    I used to be a heart beating for someone
    But the times have changed
    The less I say the more my work gets done

`Cause I live and breathe this Philadelphia freedom
    From the day that I was born I've waved the flag
    Philadelphia freedom took me knee-high to a man
    Yeah gave me peace of mind my daddy never had

Oh Philadelphia freedom shine on me, I love you
    Shine a light through the eyes of the ones left behind
    Shine a light shine a light
    Shine a light won't you shine a light
    Philadelphia freedom I love you, yes I do

If you choose to you can live your life alone
    Some people choose the city
    Some others choose the good old family home
    I like living easy without family ties
    Till the whippoorwill of freedom zapped me
    Right between the eyes

My guess is that the cops in Philadelphia are not Elton John fans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast