Can all the idiots stop carrying so they don't ruin it for the rest of us... - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can all the idiots stop carrying so they don't ruin it for the rest of us...

An uninentional discharge of his firearm causes injury to others, and all he's charged with is culpable negligence? Does this mean he still gets to keep his permit, and possibly continue to carry this way? What an outrage!

Almost all of the smaller "pocket" semi autos test out (Not Manufacturer listed specs) at around 5# trigger pull. I pocket carry (Revolver) and IMHO that is way too light a trigger for pocket carry. I read a lot of posts where this is listed as a factor in going with the small autos ( "I prefer the light trigger to the long trigger pull of the J-Frame"). While that may help in accuracy out past 25' it does increase possiblility of trigger being pulled on draw by other objects or too quick on the trigger finger. Since most of these weapons are meant for <25' combat range, what is gained? My J-Frame has a 14.5# trigger pull (actual test.)

I never carry without a good quality pocket holster. There are many excellent pocket holsters/pocket wallets made for the smaller semi-autos, so no excuses here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    XD-9 has a grip safety he had to discharge it. You cannot legislate stupid, hell if we did congress/senate would cease to exist. Mothers comment that gun in pocket is scary, how did she know it was in pocket. I think this idot was playing with the gun and discharged same.
    This is why I personally do not like to carry with a round in the chamber. I know a lot of people do (but let's not get started on that again) but I also do not carry a pistol in my pocket or in the front in my belt. There are some things I came into this world with and would like to leave with. I prefer to not shoot them off. Maybe stupidity is blessed and nobody was seriously hurt but I bet that child will remember this for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by scottbland247 View Post
    As long as I can add "people who are too dumb to carry without shooting a restaurant lobby" to the bad guy list I agree with you.
    Maybe not a real BG. But, definitely falls under the IDIOT & MORON catagory.
    ---------
    BTW;
    Thanks SW.

Unfortunately, if we are to have our rights defended under the 2nd ammendment, we have to take the idiot carriers right along with the responsible carriers. There IS the "key"...... responsibility. If gun owners show signs of not being responsible with the use of their weapons, or carrying, or maintaining them..... then the anti-gun types WILL make every effort to exploit that in the name of "public safety".

Just the point I was trying to make with the guy who started the thread "I shot myself.....".

Despite the fact that a vast majority of Americans support the 2nd ammendment rights...... the mouthpieces who direct "public opinion" (and, indeed, even try to dictate it) are primarily in cahoots with those who would "control" us through the removal of our Constitutional rights, inch by inch, step by step, Legislation by Legislation, Executive Order by Executive Order.

We don't need to give them fuel for their fires through our own irresponsible actions.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

I agree with the "revolver carry" scenario. My Ruger SP 101 does me just fine. IN a holster.

GG

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Sadly no! We have people who choose to carry "gangster style" when carrying concealed, or in this numb-nuts case pocket carry with out a holster. To bad he didn't shoot his reproductive parts off, one person with no brain and a firearm is enough.
    The proper spellin is "gangsta" and you should also refer to magazines as "clips" too.

Bye the bye: One has to take into consideration that virtually EVERY Law ever written was to serve notice to the 10%'ers that certain behaviors were NOT acceptable in the society they were living in at the time. That some of these Laws run contrary to what might be considered "freedom" to some is a natural offshoot of those "limitation of behavior" Laws.

It is when those Laws affect the law abiding more than they affrect the BGs is when the Law becomes of dubious use. Yet, many of the "Common sence gun control law" (.. and how often have you heard THAT one liner from the gunaphobes?) proposals are exactly that. Especially since our right to bear arms is supposedly guaranteed.

Bottom line is; To preserve our guaranteed rights, we HAVE to take the irresponsible gun owners with the responsible ones and hope the latter GREATLY outweigh the former..... and hope that the ones currently acting irresponsibly will "wise up".

GG

10. Sadly the amount of idiots out there will always outweigh those who act responsibly.

I don't think that is the case. If it were, there would be many more revokations of CCLs. I am given to understand, from figures that I have read, that this happens in fractions of a percent of CCLs issued.

Unfortunately, the Lib Press jumps on these incidents and blows them way out of proportion.... the implication they try to make is; "Look! The average Joe does THIS with guns. Obviously, in the name of public safety, we HAVE to do something about this." .....and out comes the hue and cry for "Common sence gun control laws"! (As usual.) (YAWN!)

One just has to remember that there are 10%'ers (Defined as those who, for whatever reason, never seem to get with the program.) in EVERY group. What has to be done by the responsible 90%'ers is to always keep gun safety and responsibility in the forefront of our efforts to retain our rights.

"But.... those rights are sacrosanct and cannot be taken from us." If you do NOT believe that our sacred rights are not being taken from us, inch by inch, step by step, legislation by legislation, executive order by executive order........ YOU have a LOT of reading to do.

GG

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast