Can all the idiots stop carrying so they don't ruin it for the rest of us... - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can all the idiots stop carrying so they don't ruin it for the rest of us...

As I was not there I cannot make a comment on the persons actions other then it should have been in a HOLSTER of some type and I will waitto see the published outcome on the board. I am sure it will be on here.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by sgtbill View Post
    As I was not there I cannot make a comment on the persons actions other then it should have been in a HOLSTER of some type and I will waitto see the published outcome on the board. I am sure it will be on here.
    Bill
    . The published outcome only determines the police reaction. If a gun you are carrying fires in a public place when you don't want it to, you have proven to me that you should not be able to carry anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    XD-9 has a grip safety he had to discharge it. You cannot legislate stupid, hell if we did congress/senate would cease to exist. Mothers comment that gun in pocket is scary, how did she know it was in pocket. I think this idot was playing with the gun and discharged same.
    Sadly, idiots like him not only vote but multiply too. Congress and Senate are full of them. ha!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Pocket carry of an XD gangsta style???

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Pocket carry of an XD gangsta style???
    Be careful not to practice your tacticalness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. So when you carry a concealed handgun, do not announce it with trumpets and CCW Badges, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored as sheepdogs and mall ninjas. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you carry a concealed handgun, do not let your attire indicate what you are doing, so that your carrying a handgun may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you by helping you develop increased situational awareness and a tactical mindset.

And when you post on the internet, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to refer to magazines as clips because they think it sounds gangsta. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you post on the internet, first do a Google search for a good glosary of firearms terms. Learn these terms and use them correctly. Then other gunowners, who see what you have done, will reward you with useful information on firearms.

I think the proper Latin name for this is: MORONIOUS MAXIMUS
    We ALL shall see the Lord one day .... please don't make me set up the meeting.

8. As CCW holders we all have the responseability to do so in a safe manner. If your going to carry get the proper training. I just came back from a 4 day hand gun course at Front Sight. It's unbelievable how much I learned while there. If this guy had taken a gun safety course such as this the likely hood of this happening would have been far less. Front Sight is not the only good training facility but they are right up there at the top in my opinion. Bottom line if you are going to CCW carry get the propper training. Whether you go out to Front Sight or some other well qualified facility get the training!! Carrying without training is a recipe for disaster. This guy has just opened himself up for all kinds of civil liability and it's his own damn fault.

9. Unfortunately, for every responsible firearm owner there is an idiot that usually gives the CC/OC community a bad reputation. The only way to combat this phenomena is to start w/ yourself and set the example. Be ladies and gentleman.

I have to play devils advocate here, you have all come down on this guy hard, is it at all possible that something in the guns internals could have broken and cause the discharge? I am not a gun smith and am not familier with the XD...
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

Quote Originally Posted by wild eyed willy View Post
    I have to play devils advocate here, you have all come down on this guy hard, is it at all possible that something in the guns internals could have broken and cause the discharge? I am not a gun smith and am not familier with the XD...
    Well, the XD is a lot like a Glock. It does not have a manual safety per se. So it's not really a gun meant or designed to be carried loose in a pocket (if any gun truly is). It's just asking for trouble.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast