Can all the idiots stop carrying so they don't ruin it for the rest of us... - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Can all the idiots stop carrying so they don't ruin it for the rest of us...

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Well, the XD is a lot like a Glock. It does not have a manual safety per se. So it's not really a gun meant or designed to be carried loose in a pocket (if any gun truly is). It's just asking for trouble.
    We are again assuming that something in his pocket pulled the trigger, IE his finger, a string, his keys.... Could something inside the gun break and discharge the weapon???????? Like a spring or a pin?
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

  2.   
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by wild eyed willy View Post
    We are again assuming that something in his pocket pulled the trigger, IE his finger, a string, his keys.... Could something inside the gun break and discharge the weapon???????? Like a spring or a pin?
    In absolute theory yes. But all you have to do is stick your hand into the pocket with the XD and get a finger in front of the trigger and off she goes. It's just not a gun that should be carried loose in a pocket.

  4. #33
    thanks for the reply,,,,, lets give the guy the benifit of the doubt, that it may have been a mechanical failer and a holster wouldn't have stopped it from happening... If the investigation proves otherwise than you can slam him all you want....
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

  5. #34
    It's not gonna help him much either way, I am afraid. Even if it was a mechanical failure (which in all fairness I have not really heard of in an XD) it's still his gun going off. I doubt there will be any investigation beyond that. That's probably why so many people were upset about it, that sort of carry is just asking for problems because
    a) you have a good chance for an AD
    b) even if it's a mechanical problem because you carried it that way it will be treated as an AD that you caused.

    I see your point and yes let's be fair, but...

  6. #35
    No, you carry a firearm into any public place and you are responsible for it...if you want to blame a manufacturer prove it.....but until then, the freedom to carry comes with responsibility

  7. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by scottbland247 View Post
    No, you carry a firearm into any public place and you are responsible for it...if you want to blame a manufacturer prove it.....but until then, the freedom to carry comes with responsibility
    No one is saying it is the Manufactures fault, things get old and stuff breaks... I don't think you should condem the guy with no evidence. Or are we not in the USA anymore.
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by wild eyed willy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scottbland247 View Post
    No, you carry a firearm into any public place and you are responsible for it...if you want to blame a manufacturer prove it.....but until then, the freedom to carry comes with responsibility
    No one is saying it is the Manufactures fault, things get old and stuff breaks... I don't think you should condem the guy with no evidence. Or are we not in the USA anymore.
    guilty until proven innocent is right that exists between a person and the government. Personal interactions have no such right, if you put a gun in your pocket and you go somewhere and your gun goes off in your pocket I get to blame you until you come up with a dang good reason otherwise.

  9. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by scottbland247 View Post
    guilty until proven innocent is right that exists between a person and the government. Personal interactions have no such right, if you put a gun in your pocket and you go somewhere and your gun goes off in your pocket I get to blame you until you come up with a dang good reason otherwise.
    Well I'll be really careful not to let that hapen. LOL.... BTW Good responce, My wife thought it was hysterical, she's still laughing.
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

  10. #39
    Hehe, I aim to please ;)

  11. #40
    Good response!

    Another reason why I don't carry a weapon that doesn't require me to do at least two things before it goes "Bang!". As in: 1) Safety off. 2) Pull trigger.

    The split second I spend de-safeing the weapon I don't bother myself with. In a "quick draw" situation I'm gonna lose anyway. In any other scenario, I'm either going to be situationally ahead of the curve or behind the curve far enough to reason that "drawing" might be suicide anyway! LOL!

    GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast