SW9VE Ammo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SW9VE Ammo

SW9VE Ammo

just trying to get some opinions on a self defense round for 9mm. I have a sigma 9mm and currently use winchester supreme elite bonded PDX1 147 grain.

Just trying to get others opinions on a recommended ammo

Thanks

I like hornidty critical defense. Look into those only about 22 bucks a box

4. critical defense

I keep the critical defense in my 9 as well. My only advice as with any polymer tipped bullet is you have to keep your gun clean. The tip is a soft rubber like material, not too different than corbon's pow'r ball so you are feeding a non metallic material into your barrel and if your gun is dirty it can get hung up. I recommend buying 2 boxes of whatever you are going to carry. Run 1 at the range and make sure your gun isn't finicky about the round. Both hornady and Corbon are quality manufacturers so you shouldn'thave a problem but better to test than guess

Remington Golden Saber

6. Federal HYDRO SHOK or Speer Gold Dot

Federal Personal Defense Hydroshock 125 gr
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

Triton Quik-Shok

I went with the hornady critical defense 115g, for know......keep the comments chiming, because I'm going to try a couple out before picking my permanent carry load

Quote Originally Posted by gkeil961 View Post
    I went with the hornady critical defense 115g, for know......keep the comments chiming, because I'm going to try a couple out before picking my permanent carry load
    I've carried both the Hornady and the Gold Dots, there's no way to "test" defense ammo unless your going to shoot a couple people and see what happens or you somehow have some ballistics gel, Shooting them at targets tells you nothing. There both well respected names and will do the job when the time comes. (and hopefully it never does).

I have the same gun as you and I have been looking into the same question as you.

I've been recommended the Hornady Critical Defense by a friend of mine. Haven't shot them
    yet, but have been meaning to. I plan to buy 2 boxes and run one box through the gun to see
    how they perform.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast