Strict Constitutionalist vs Revisionist - Page 2

View Poll Results: Are you a strict Constitutionalist or a revisionist?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strict,as written. Everybody can carry a gun.

29 85.29%
  • Revisionist, gun carry needs some restrictions.

5 14.71%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strict Constitutionalist vs Revisionist

Quote Originally Posted by jsdinTexas View Post
    I am not so concerned with only the 2nd as I am with the entire Constitution - should any part of it be attacked and successfully defeated, the Constitution as a whole is defeated. And thus this country ceases to exist as a "Constitutional Democracy."
    This is why I must and did vote Strict Constitutionalist.
    Please don't take offence but it is a significant difference. I agree with everything you said above except this country would cease to exist as a "Constitutional REPUBLIC".

I think part of the problem is that the U.S. is already slipping or has slipped into being a Constitutional Democracy with the majority starting to vote themselves benefits from the national treasury at the increasing expense of a shrinking minority. Also the slim but growing majority is voting more and more to give up their individual rights and further empower the Federal Government while supporting the weakening of the Constitution which has the purpose of limiting the Federal Government.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyr View Post
    Please don't take offence but it is a significant difference. I agree with everything you said above except this country would cease to exist as a "Constitutional REPUBLIC".

I think part of the problem is that the U.S. is already slipping or has slipped into being a Constitutional Democracy with the majority starting to vote themselves benefits from the national treasury at the increasing expense of a shrinking minority. Also the slim but growing majority is voting more and more to give up their individual rights and further empower the Federal Government while supporting the weakening of the Constitution which has the purpose of limiting the Federal Government.
    Good points and I probably should have said Republic instead of Democracy. And no offense taken at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12