Applying for a CCW in NYS
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Applying for a CCW in NYS

  1. Applying for a CCW in NYS

    I'm new here so I apologize in advance if there is already a thread on this.
    I am interested in getting a CCW in Rochester NY. I have had a few legal issues in the past that I'm worried may effect my application being approved.
    I'm currently 32 years old, but when I was 21 years old I was arrested for a fist fight I had gotten into. I was booked and spent the night in jail but was released in the morning. No charges were ever pressed and the judge dismissed the case. Then more recently I had a Personal protection order placed on me by a jealous EX- Girlfriend. I was arrested and released the same day.I was never charged with anything. The PPO was dropped 30 days later. That was back in 06'-07'. My question is: Is it a waste of time and effort to bother applying? It's been years since I've had a problem. I also have no problems buying rifles or shotguns.
    I'm interested to hear from anyone having an opinion on this.

  3. Rochester ny

    It depends on your MCSO investigtor and what they inform the judge.

  4. #3
    Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but ny is a complicated state to the point that there are companies that help walk people through the process

  5. #4
    If I were you I would post this thread in the New York section of this forum. Many similar questions have been fielded by several knowledgeable people there.

  6. Thank you!

  7. #6
    You must disclose any and all arrest s wether convicted or not you also must turn in disposition paperwork from each police department.and court From there its up to the issuing Judge.

  8. #7
    I would talk to the Sheriff's department. I know that Monroe county is sketchy about issuing permits if any domestic incidents or orders of protection have been issued against you. I even think it is listed on the permit package. As far as the dropped or dismissed charges as long as you have the paper from the court where it was discharged or handled and write out a statement for them explaining the charge and what had happened to state your resolution that part will be ok. I would really recommend calling the Sheriffs department though and talk to the department that does the investigations for the permits just to make sure you won't be wasting your time and money.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts