Concealed Carry Positions and GAS...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Positions and GAS...

Concealed Carry Positions and GAS...

WARNING: This posting might seem a little strange or gross, but as a pretty new CCW permit holder I think it is a valid question...

Since I have not yet adjusted my entire wardrobe to accomodate the hiding of my IWB strongside, I have sometimes had to adjust it to the front (around 1:00 or so). Immediately after the first few days, I started having moderate stomach cramps and gas. I thought it was a fluke but it recurred this week when I wore the IWB in the same position. I have since changed positions (4:00 or so), but still have the stomach discomfort (now accompanied by a pain in the hip). LOL
    Has anyone else experienced this or something similar??

If it moves around to be a pain in the arse, Then I would say you are probably just married and its not the gun.
    In all seriousness though, If you are new to carrying the gas thing could be nerves. (you don't eat Taco Bell do you?)
    We ALL shall see the Lord one day .... please don't make me set up the meeting.

4. What size of a pistol are you trying to carry; Full frame, Compact or Sub Compact? Don't say the name or model. I myself carry a Full Frame at the 3 O'clock in either a Kydex Paddle or Kydex/Leather IWB and I do not have such a problem and I keep away from Taco Smell as much as possible.

The gas I think is from the tighitness of your pants. loosen up your belt one notch. or maybe your belt is to narrow.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

IWB and gas

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    The gas I think is from the tighitness of your pants. loosen up your belt one notch. or maybe your belt is to narrow.
    I would agree with Edsworld: I think you have your belt cinched too tightly.

When I first started carrying IWB I cinched my belt tight enough to press the holster into my flesh--made my hip a bit sore. Now I know that the belt only needs to be snug and NOT TIGHT. Can't say that I've ever attributed gas to this issue though....

Best of luck,

Good lord man - strike a match or sumtin...

Quote Originally Posted by Couzin View Post
    Good lord man - strike a match or sumtin...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

It's a Sub Compact... I was carrying at 1:00 with a "Brand X" IWB Holster...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Quilici View Post
    What size of a pistol are you trying to carry; Full frame, Compact or Sub Compact? Don't say the name or model. I myself carry a Full Frame at the 3 O'clock in either a Kydex Paddle or Kydex/Leather IWB and I do not have such a problem and I keep away from Taco Smell as much as possible.

I think you're right... In my attempt to BE SURE that it was not going anywhere and to sufficiently conceal, I probably have had my belt WAY too tight!!! Thanks for the advice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post

Just to clarify... It's more of a GAS PAIN... Not the actual GAS!!! LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast