CCW in Wisconsin? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CCW in Wisconsin?

I can see exactly zero reason to require training before getting a CCW. Vermont has had constutional carry, no training, no nothing, just load it up and put it in your pocket, for over 100 years. Yes, more than one hundred years. None of the Milwaukee Police Chief's fears have come to pass in Vermont, or any other state that doesn't require training. None. Period.

There are a number of states that also have no training required - Pennsylvania, where I live, is one. No blood in the streets here either.

The problem with requiring training is the cost and the time delay. If a person needs a gun to protect themselves against a stalking ex spouse, or boy friend, or girl friend, they need it right now, not in 6 months. John Lott has done the math. There are exactly zero statics available that show training makes any difference other than to delay getting a gun legally in the hands of someone who needs it for protection.

Finally, the people that most need a gun for protection are those that can least afford to pay for training.

Fitch

Quote Originally Posted by cleveland View Post
    Politics happened. Flynn (Milwaukee Chief of police) is openly against concealed carry and is telling the public that all these shootings in Milwaukee are only going to get worse if training, permits, etc... are not included in the bill. A number of Dems are arguing that a concealed carry bill will arm felons, rapists, child molesters, etc... The streets will fill with blood, blah, blah, blah!
    Which is exactly the same "bumper sticker one liners" the Lib/Prog/Dem coalition uses each and every time the CC question comes up for a vote. DESPITE none of the "dire predictions" EVER coming true in States where the Laws are so changed.

The gunaphobics REALLY have to get some new material, their same old lines are being relagated to the level of laughable cliche's.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

I'm ready for this to pass in WI.

5. An optimist, is someone that doesn't know all the facts!

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post

So it looks like NRA Basic and/or Hunter Safety will suffice...IF there has to be training, those are probably the easiest to obtain.

Well, the vote today was 19 Republicans and 6 Democrats for the law, 8 Democrats opposed, the bill passes the Senate 25-8, and moves to the Assembly later this week, where it is assured passage. From there it goes to Gov Scott Walker, a proponent who will sign it and make this law in Wisconsin. That will then leave Illinois as the only state in the union to deny 2nd Amendment rights to its citizens. Figures....

The people arguing against the bill kept using fear mongering.

Now I will get a WI permit to match my UT permit.

9. Quote Originally Posted by coachdb18 View Post
    Well, the vote today was 19 Republicans and 6 Democrats for the law, 8 Democrats opposed, the bill passes the Senate 25-8, and moves to the Assembly later this week, where it is assured passage. From there it goes to Gov Scott Walker, a proponent who will sign it and make this law in Wisconsin. That will then leave Illinois as the only state in the union to deny 2nd Amendment rights to its citizens. Figures....
    Thanks for the update!!!!
    GREAT NEWS
    An optimist, is someone that doesn't know all the facts!

10. Quote Originally Posted by cleveland View Post

Now I will get a WI permit to match my UT permit.
    I'm still waiting for my Florida permit, had to resubmit my finger prints.
    I will apply for my Wisconsin permit ASAP.
    An optimist, is someone that doesn't know all the facts!

Quote Originally Posted by coachdb18 View Post
    Now we plane people can go back to Wisconsin for the annual Oshkosh Airventure! Wow! I wonder if it will recognize CCW in other states too...or is this a valid question? Can we get CCW permit too even if we live out of state? Will it also allow legal residents to get CC permit even if they live out of state? Bear with me folks ... these are just the many questions that crossed my mind at the moment...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast