anyone using a crossbread holster - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone using a crossbread holster

I am a former custom leather worker and I can assure you that 6 weeks is not out of the ordinary for a handmade product. It is worth the wait for something to be made well. As I posted in my shop "You can have it right or you can have it now. You can't have it right, now."

3. Quote Originally Posted by getlost4x4 View Post
    I ordered mime over a month ago and I'm starting to get annoyed by how long it's taken.

I'm thinking about cancelling the order and just making my own.

Is it really worth the wait.

I have a galco ITB Holster currently that I molded to my bersa 45 ultra compact pro. I like it but it's not stable and doesnt tuck it down far enough
    I prefer wheatbread holsters but that is just me. lol.

I want this one.

Minotaur

4. I have a crossbreed holster. It is worth the wait, most comfortable holster I have. I agree the wait is too long, but once you get it you'll want one for all of your guns.

Thanks for the input fellas. I was on the verge of cancelling my order and asking for a refund; however, all of your input plus my friends input has led me to wait. Unfortunately, I'm like a kid on Christmas, and whenever I order something I wait every day and check the mailbox whenever it's delivered.... so, I guess I'll just keep on checking.

6. Yes I waited some time for my Crossbreed Super Tuck also, but it was worth the wait. Sometimes I have to check to see if my piece is on my side the holster is so comfortable. If I ever change my main carry it will be carried in a CBST

I've carried since 1975 in with a variety of different guns and holsters. The Crossbreed is without a doubt the most comfortable IWB I have ever carried...and conceals far better than any OWB holster I have used.

Do what you want to do, but I don't think you'll be sorry if you wait.

Edit: Just check the poll at the top of the page...you will see that just over 55% of the responses say one or the other CB holsters are the best they know of. Just under 50% for the Supertuck...
    Last edited by PaxMentis; 06-09-2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Additional thought...

I know you guys say its the best holster, but.......

how much bigger do you have to wear your pants? From the size of it, it appears that you would need your pants to be a couple of sizes too big in the waist to make it fit. Am I way out of line? I appreciate any help on pants sizing.

Quote Originally Posted by ghiapaul View Post
    how much bigger do you have to wear your pants? From the size of it, it appears that you would need your pants to be a couple of sizes too big in the waist to make it fit. Am I way out of line? I appreciate any help on pants sizing.
    I find that in jeans I wear one size bigger and it is a little loose and I chinch a little with the belt. Without the holster I wear a 44 and with the holster I wear a 46. The 44 is a little tight so most on my jeans were already 46s that I just pulled in with the belt. I loosen one hole on my belt when I am carrying IWB. No problems for me, and I usually wear Rustler brand from Walmart. Not sure how their sizes run compared to other brands. My dress pants have loops that are too small for my gun belt so I pocket carry in those so I can't help you with dress pant sizes.
    Kershaw Shallot 1840, Kel-Tec P-3at, Kel-Tec PF-9, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible), Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by ghiapaul View Post
    It honestly depends on your clothes. I naturally wear anything from 42"-44" (I'm 43"). Most of my clothes have the expandable waistband; so, no size increase in needed in my pants/shorts. (This especially holds true since I trimmed down my holster and carry at 1-1:30.)

What I do is wear a "shirt" one size larger.
    I find the "extra room" really helps conceal everything better; especially when I have to "blouse" my tucked shirt.
    The "extra length" helps my shirt "STAY" tucked (or covered when UN-tucked); even if I do a lot of sitting, bending or stooping.

Thanks..

I am impressd that you only need one size up. Looking at the holster it just looked huge. I think I will try one. Thanks again for the help

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast