Has CCW changed you/family and everday life? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has CCW changed you/family and everday life?

It's been so long I never really thought about it. Then again I don't regularly carry a gun; only when deemed necessary. But I would say it has made me more humble. Less willing to engage in stupid things like arguments.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by Sig1911 View Post
    If you are unwilling to allow concealed carry to affect your life in a significant and serious way, I recommend you not carry. It implies that you are ready to remain in condition yellow pretty much all the time, and to make life and death decisions at any moment. Be honest with yourself and consider whether you want and accept that responsibility.
    Anyone who is not a deliberate man/woman should not incorporate a firearm into their defensive strategy. We should also consider that although it is the ultimate in personal protection, some may not always need a gun to be quite lethal. Levels of awareness still apply but some are trained & comfortable with knives, belts/straps, improvised weapons, etc.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

It's your right to carry, and it's your right not to. Do what you feel comfortable doing, because anything else will compromise your safety and integrity.

If you start carrying regularly, you will most likely change. You will probably become more aware of your surroundings, and of the body language and intentions of the people around you. You will start to imagine scenarios, and think of how you would react to them. You will come to a point where you will make the decision as to whether you will use your firearm in defense of yourself and your family only, or whether you would be willing to defend others.

Nothing that changes within you will be right or wrong. It will be part of a process. The only danger lies in not changing. If you are inflexible, you break. If you are supple, you bend.

There. How's that for some Zen and the Art of Concealed Carry?

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    Very well put!! Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by Icewind View Post
    1st red highlight, That's right, it is my choice and I make it when I make it.
    2nd red highlight, I don't carry at home, lol. I have my piece near by I'll admit but carry no.
    3rd, I live here in AZ and all the things you mentioned are from your friends at fox and that fear monger Glen Beck. and if you can't go outside without a M1A1, then everything you say you stand for 2nd ammend., freedom of gun, freedom or death..type stuff then you've allready lost.
    Ice: Old son, considering where you live, you should be prepared to make life or death decisions. If you are a turtle, come out of your shell and look around at what's happening in AZ and the Southwest in general. That is not the place to go tiptoeing through the tulips ignoring all the crime going on around you. If you aren't prepared to defend yourself and your fiance, leave your gun at home or at least have a friend around who will be willing to protect you both. You seem to have an aversion to Glenn Beck and FOX News so I assume you do not believe what they say. Maybe you should stick to only the liberal news media and their diatribe about how wonderful things are. By all means, do not listen or view any station where you might hear the truth. I have a daughter out there who carries constantly because she is aware of the danger. Her husband is a LEO and has taught her well on protecting herself. Maybe you should consider the dangers more closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Concealed carry has not affected me in the least. Im a quiet person and i stay mostly to my self, but i got my CCW permit for my protection as well as others if needed. I mind my own business and don`t go looking for trouble, but you never know when trouble will come looking for you. Shooting someone would be the last thing i would ever want to do, but if it came down to it i would if i really had to.
    Tanks for sharing Ghost rider! That's how how I like to look at things.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy615 View Post
    If you're so anti-everything on this forum why are you a member of it? This is not high school debate team. It is a forum for people interested in its contents to view their opinions and share experiences etc. This is not a place to start arguments for the hell of it, it's an educational friendship-based multicultural and geographical resource for people to experience diversity in their choice to carry a firearm. Take the petty proverbial water-cooler arguments elsewhere.
    I love how gun nut always has his/her rights. rights to arms, rights to carry, rights to kill in defense, 2nd amendment rights rights rights. But if someone ask a simple question their told things like up above. I asked a question it's YOU ALL that are arguing. I carry cause I have earned the right 2x. Son a Korean and Vietnam Vet, I am a Desert Shield/Storm Vet. I have given to my country and now I enjoy those fruits. And if it's a sunny day and I choose to go out in shorts and sandles, no heat, then I will.

Maybe Luke should lock this post. To many here unable to have a discussion that doesn't favor their point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Icewind View Post
    Tanks for sharing Ghost rider! That's how how I like to look at things.
    Hey man, glad i could help. You just do what feels right to you, regardless of what others think or say.

Having a CCW has changed me in some ways. I do pretty well always carry and it has become routine, like putting on my shoes and wallet. I forget it's there most of the time, now that I've went with an LCP (Elsie Pea) as primary. I do seem to be aware of my surroundings more. My wife of 48 years started shooting for the first time about three months after I got my license and is now waiting for her own CCW license to arrive. She had never shot a handgun before and now owns a Ruger SP101 and Ruger MkIII.

"A free people should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from anyone, including their own government. ~ G. Washington

11. Hasn't changed me a huge amount, but has made some small changes in me. I got mine primarily to help avoid problems carrying to/from the range.

Lately, I've been watching the crime rate go up around here and I'm glad I have it. However, the times I can carry are very limited. Seems like 99% of the places I go are CPZs (probably only improves to about 95% CPZs once the restaurant carry goes through).

As I need new clothes I seek out carry friendly clothing, but even when going to non-CPZs, oftentimes my clothing options limit me. So of the very few times I can legally carry, a very small percentage of that can I realistically carry... So, no, I can't protect myself as well as I'd like, but at least I can *some* portion of the time...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast