My fiancées big mouth... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My fiancées big mouth...

Church's and Bible Studies can be surprising places. In my particular church there can be as many as 5 armed people in a typical sunday morning service. 2 being Deacons and one is one of our Elders/Pastors.

In my Bible Study just this last Tuesday we were having casual conversation after the study was done and I asked one of the members, who was an LEO, about a particular gang I heard about in the news recently. Toward the end of that discussion he said "why are you worried, don't you carry now?" (I hadn't told him I carried but his brother knew) I tapped my right hip area in response and agreed that I did and before you knew it three of us had our sidearms out for show & tell at the end of Bible Study.

3. I am a pastor and I have faith that God can do anything and protect me from anything! That being said, I have my nine mil. on me in every service. Just before I preach it goes on a shelf in my pulpit with the clip in my pocket. I can lock and load in just a few seconds if needed! I feel a responsibility to protect my church just as I would my home. You never know when an intruder will enter either, and my motto spiritually and otherwise is, "be prepared!"

[Luke 12:39] "But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.

Quote Originally Posted by pastor t:205468
    [Luke 12:39] "But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.
    Great verse!

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine Falcon View Post
    Church's and Bible Studies can be surprising places. In my particular church there can be as many as 5 armed people in a typical sunday morning service. 2 being Deacons and one is one of our Elders/Pastors.

In my Bible Study just this last Tuesday we were having casual conversation after the study was done and I asked one of the members, who was an LEO, about a particular gang I heard about in the news recently. Toward the end of that discussion he said "why are you worried, don't you carry now?" (I hadn't told him I carried but his brother knew) I tapped my right hip area in response and agreed that I did and before you knew it three of us had our sidearms out for show & tell at the end of Bible Study.
    Liked the fact y'all were carrying but show and tell at Bible study is a bit much. Better out doors where it might be safer.

I generally don't broadcast my CC permit or the fact that I am carrying.

Since a great many members of my church are NY and NJ escapees..... I wonder how many of them now carry?

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

7. On two separate occasions when my wife and I were about to check into a hotel I was taking my gun out of my car safe and putting it in my backpack (before I had my CCW permit) while my wife stood outside the car and loudly said something to the effect of, "What are you doing with your gun here? Who are you going to shoot?" I was pretty ticked, especially as there were other people in the same parking lot both times. She knows now not to say anything, but I tease her about broadcasting it to the world every time now.

8. I'm a NY (Long Island) escapee as well, and had a target/hunting permit for about 10 years before moving to NC..which was more involved then getting my cc here. Once I got my cc, its a topic that isnt openly discussed with our friends. We had a party at our house last week, and one of the husbands mentions his interest, and all of a sudden I'm in a conversation with 4 others all of which are interested getting their permit as well..

Last night we were invited to a friend's place for a chit-chat...The couple who invited us are known to be anti gun. Toward the end of our visit hubby mentioned sonny boy who is a gun/rifle-anything-that-shoots fanatic. Then our lady friend went to her bedroom and got out a sort of suitcase-style container that has a lot of different pistols inside it. (I love the mini-22 revolver!! It will be a nice toy...) Apparently it belonged to her ex-husband (she's a widow...) and said she is thinking of selling 'em guns one day. I put my name on the toy gun. We all end up setting up a date to go to the range. Just waiting for a cooler day to go out. What a big change!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

To the OP, never get upset with your significant other, spouse or what ever you call it.. Always simply calmly explain why it was not a good comment to make...always remember you love this person,,,treat her with respect and kindness always....
    I think if you were to find out all of the people you know who carry, it would surprise you. I think there are more of us out there than anyone might think.... Praise the lord and pass the amunition!!!
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

Quote Originally Posted by pastor t View Post
    I am a pastor and I have faith that God can do anything and protect me from anything! That being said, I have my nine mil. on me in every service. Just before I preach it goes on a shelf in my pulpit with the clip in my pocket. I can lock and load in just a few seconds if needed!
    You carry a Mauser Broomhandle?!? Because AFAIK that's the only pistol that uses clips to load ammo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast