My fiancées big mouth...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My fiancées big mouth...

My fiancées big mouth...

I have been researching NC handgun laws and what it will take to get my CCW for a few months now. This week there was an incident that occurred at my work where a woman attacked another woman with an expandable baton. I managed to step in and break up the fight but was completely vulnerable with the exception of my knife (Benchmade Skirmish). Last night I was describing the encounter to my bible study group and how absurd it is for employees to be unarmed, yet strangers can attack in broad daylight...even while a security guard stood 12 yards away doing nothing. Then my [lovely] fiancée blurted out how I am trying to carry a gun at all times to everyone! I quickly shot a glare to my significant other.

The comment got some blank looks at first and some said I was way overreacting. Although, after I explained that this particular incident at work wasn't my specific reasoning for seeking a CCW, the other men in the group expressed they wanted one too! In fact, both had been actively looking into it! Now we're all going to take the course together on July 9th

Moral of the story...don't mess with our bible study unless you've got a lot of fire power :)

AMEN ... And pass the ammunition!
    We ALL shall see the Lord one day .... please don't make me set up the meeting.

Sometimes people don`t know when to keep there mouths shut, but in your case it worked out and got several others interested in getting there CCW.

Great storry.
    Keep it up!

Send lawyers, guns and money... the sh!t has hit the fan.

I have a good one too. A neighbor was shooting on his property when the police arrived and drew down on him. They verified his license and apologized. A woman, recently relocated from NYC, heard gunshots and saw him in the woods. She called LEO complaining of a madman in the woods. After she calmed down the LEO explained she's moved to gun country and there is a lot of shooting and hunting in the woods around her house. Her husband came home during this exchange... and just in time. He asked the LEO "you mean I can get a permit for a handgun?" He was shocked. In NY City gunshot=crime. He was at my door a few days later looking for a safety class. He got his CCW and now his wife has begun to shoot as well.

Eat your heart out Bloomburg. Transport them out of the city and they become converts.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

That is a good story! I moved to Charlotte and apparently this is a haven for escapees from Jersey. I have managed to covert a few with suprising ease. Keep it up.

Have two now three friends all moved out of NY, living in Texas, took every pistol I owned up to visit and we all went to range all now have CC. God Bless Texas.

In our church in SE Oklahoma, most members from the pastor on down either has or is getting a CCW license.

I've carried for a good while now and carrying is as routine as putting on my pants. I'm so glad I live, and have lived, in this and other states where CC is legal and yes, even encouraged.

"A free people should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from anyone, including their own government. ~ G. Washington

Unfortunately I live in NY. My concealed permit us restricted to hunting or target shooting, so I can't carry full time. I will be applying to get my restrictions lifted in a couple of months but chances aren't good.

It's not motivation enough for me to move, but it is a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermoon View Post
    Unfortunately I live in NY. My concealed permit us restricted to hunting or target shooting, so I can't carry full time. I will be applying to get my restrictions lifted in a couple of months but chances aren't good.

It's not motivation enough for me to move, but it is a pain in the ass.
    Why do you feel your chances aren't good?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast