Federal carry laws
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Federal carry laws

1. Federal carry laws

What exactly are the federal carry laws? Do they just encompass any federal building?

CO places off limits:

1. Any place prohibited by federal law
    2. Any property of public school grades kindergarten through 12
    3. Any public building that prohibits ALL weapons which posts guards and permanent metal detectors at all entrances and requires all entrants to surrender handguns to security personnel before entry
    -Matt

Tell me again how federal carry law and state law protected Columbine. That worked real good, cops: were out here and armed to the teeth, remain calm.

Here's a few:

United States Code: Title 18,922. Unlawful acts | LII / Legal Information Institute

18 USC 922 (q): 1000' Gun Free School Zones
    18 USC 922 (x): 18 year old age limit

United States Code: Title 18,930. Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities | LII / Legal Information Institute

18 USC 930: Federal Facilities

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations:

39 CFR 232.1(l): Post office property

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations:

49 CFR 1540.111: Sterile areas of airports
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

5. Thanks for the links.
    -Matt

6. Thanks for the links LT.
    -Matt

The NPS carry law that was attached to the 2009 credit card act prohibits carry in a building "regularly" occupied by FEDERAL employees.

I'm too lazy to find the cite.

Quote Originally Posted by Swinokur View Post
    The NPS carry law that was attached to the 2009 credit card act prohibits carry in a building "regularly" occupied by FEDERAL employees.

I'm too lazy to find the cite.
    Not quite. The 2009 credit card act contained an amendment which said that the Secretary of the Interior was prohibited from creating any firearms restrictions in National Parks and other land under his/her control. It removed all restrictions in National Parks created by the Secretary of the Interior. So, in National Parks, the same laws (state and Federal) that apply outside the gate of the park, also apply inside the gate of the park with no difference between the two.

The occupied Federal facilities prohibition has already been posted and is 18 USC 930 which applies both inside and outside the National Park because it is a statute enacted by Congress, not a regulation created by the Secretary of the Interior.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Close enough for gubmint work however.

ok any ideas what they mean by facilities? does that include parking lots of buildings?

I cannot locate the cite but a Federal facility is any building leased or owned by the General Services Administration

Operative word is BUILDING

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast