Another Good Reason To Carry - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Another Good Reason To Carry

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I've always been a retriever person myself.

I've started making a leather holsters as a hobby on my off days. I will start on my first dog collar holster immediately! How well does this holster stay on the collar the way it is? Anybody remember Dino-Riders?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    First off, thanks for taking the time to say "With all due respect," I just want to clarify I do not mean to offend anyone here, and I do not take offense over internet forums. So there are no hard feelings......
    Instead of quoting your entire post I'll just touch on a few points since it's obvious that we're just going to agree to disagree.

First, the CDC did come to the conclusion that the problem was breed specific. These are people paid and trained to study things like this as opposed to you, me, and others who simply rely on raw data from outside sources.

You pointed out that pits were originally bred as hunting dogs (hunting some pretty nasty prey). I asked why you don't see the police, military, etc. using pits. Now I'll ask why you don't see hunters using pits?? According to you and pretty much all pitbull owners, pits are marvels of the animal kingdom and outstanding in just about every way. If that's so, then why do so few "experts" (police, hunters, etc.) who use dogs in their line of work choose dogs other than pitbulls?? That's prety much a rhetorical question. I just wanted you to think about it.

Also, a number of people have compared the vilification of pitbulls to the vilification of gun owners. The problem with that analogy is that the people who bash gun owners are gun haters. There are an awful lot of dog lovers (myself included) who would like to see the pitbull as a breed be allowed to die out. There's a big difference in the two scenarios.

Anyway, please be a responsible dog owner (you probably are) and I genuinely hope your four-legged powderkeg never explodes.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall:208318
    Instead of quoting your entire post I'll just touch on a few points since it's obvious that we're just going to agree to disagree.

First, the CDC did come to the conclusion that the problem was breed specific. These are people paid and trained to study things like this as opposed to you, me, and others who simply rely on raw data from outside sources.

You pointed out that pits were originally bred as hunting dogs (hunting some pretty nasty prey). I asked why you don't see the police, military, etc. using pits. Now I'll ask why you don't see hunters using pits?? According to you and pretty much all pitbull owners, pits are marvels of the animal kingdom and outstanding in just about every way. If that's so, then why do so few "experts" (police, hunters, etc.) who use dogs in their line of work choose dogs other than pitbulls?? That's prety much a rhetorical question. I just wanted you to think about it.

Also, a number of people have compared the vilification of pitbulls to the vilification of gun owners. The problem with that analogy is that the people who bash gun owners are gun haters. There are an awful lot of dog lovers (myself included) who would like to see the pitbull as a breed be allowed to die out. There's a big difference in the two scenarios.

Anyway, please be a responsible dog owner (you probably are) and I genuinely hope your four-legged powderkeg never explodes.
    Agree to disagree.

My response to your last post. The cdc report, in their conclusion the first page, says twice that there are difficulties with determining breed specific problems. That other breeds could have more bites and fatalities. The pinckeny and Kennedy study, which the cdc report mentions, showed shepherds and huskies to be the more violent breed.

That does get me thinking why are shepherds and rotts used for k9 units, and not pits. It's hard for me to go by a few police officers words, especially when I work closely with them and I believe a majority of police are absolutely not professional. Police have a hard enough time being professional in conducting enforcement, and remembering what laws are real, the k9 officers really only know the dog they are assigned. So I looked it up...and pits are used by police across the nation. They are also narcotic dogs and search dogs as well. http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/americanpitbullterrier.html.

As far as hunters, I don't hunt...but I believe many big game hunters take along pitbulls for tracking and defense that a weaker retriever breed would not be good at. I will look up what hunters use if you want me to.

Throughout this site, there are threads and posts everywhere, where one person believes his opinion trumps all, and everyone else who disagrees should sell or lock their guns up until they think just like him...I'm glad we aren't biting at each others throats here...but even gun lovers will vilify other gun lovers based on biased opinion (is there even a thing as unbiased opinion?).

Unless someone has first hand experience with pitbulls, they don't have grounds to demonize this breed. My personal experience as a paramedic responding to dog incidence, and owning labs, pomeranians, terriers, poodles, pitbulls, being around collies, akiras, and huskies, bring me to my opinion on the pitbulls.

I am a responsible dog owner, and I believe anyone irresponsible that let's any dangerous dog out, which eventually will be killed (hopefully before it does damage) should be held completely accountable for their irresponsibility.

6. Would you guys think a .38 special +p J frame suffice as "enough" gun for a primary ccw?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234