Conceal Carry Thoughts - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Conceal Carry Thoughts

1. Another thought.... when you qualify and/or are licensed to carry a weapon, DO NOT... get involve with Road Rage. Period.

If you are aggressively pursued, than of course you have to protect yourself, but don't elevate Road Rage encounters, its just not worth it... defuse it.

With carrying a weapon comes Liability... so you need to be Discipline and Tactically Smarter than everyone else.

When you go to the Range, be focus, its not the same as playing Golf or Stick ball, or Basketball. Be aware of what's going on around you if you not shooting, there's dangerous/unsafe people out there. Take it serious, practice your Mechanics... and clean your Weapon!!

Before any training sessions i always check Weapons, i look to see who DOESN'T love their weapon.

Advance shooters...
    I practice close combat shooting (indoor Range), instead of going into a two handed stance... i straddle my feet/spread them shoulder width, drawing my weapon slowly, speed is not important right now, bring my weapon straight up... and shoot from shoulder/arm pit area with the elbow straight back, my weapon and elbow are as parallel as possible, with my weak hand, i grab my shirt so my weak hand doesn't extend/drift into the range of fire. The Target is no more than 5 Yards.

Remember if your laying down fire, your target will not get off a clear shot, if any at all. Ducking, turning away is a natural instinct when someone is shooting at you, so in spontaneous situation this technic can buy you escape time, be quick and be first to fire, hitting the target isn't as important as not allowing them to hit you at this particular time. This isn't a RULE, this is a Tactical response to a certain condition/situation. This Technic can be used at a greater distances, especially when your expose without cover near by. Its draw...Bang Bang Bang while escaping.

The Technic needs to be Mastered before speed is practiced. Remember, depending on your holster position you can fire from the hip upon your release from the holster... or... anywhere while bring your weapon up to the arm-pit/side of chest.

When taking fire... no one wants to look

Just some thoughts, but hey... do what you want.

Gunsite,
    Seriously, if you are going to put out these long, draw out, postulates on the internet, you need to take at least a basic comp class.

I can’t make it through a complete “paragraph” of yours because I get too distracted by the spelling and grammatical errors.

If you want anyone on this forum to take your posts seriously you need to clean up your writing style
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

4. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Gunsite,
    Seriously, if you are going to put out these long, draw out, postulates on the internet, you need to take at least a basic comp class.

I can’t make it through a complete “paragraph” of yours because I get too distracted by the spelling and grammatical errors.

If you want anyone on this forum to take your posts seriously you need to clean up your writing style
    Thanks treo

Quote Originally Posted by gunsite View Post
    Thanks treo
    Hey guy, I tried to PM you but you have that function turned off
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

I would never point my gun at anyone that I didn't intend to kill, period. If asked why I shot the person, I would say... to protect my life, nothing else was on my mind.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I would never point my gun at anyone that I didn't intend to kill, period. If asked why I shot the person, I would say... to protect my life, nothing else was on my mind.
    Ringo... please don't say KILL, you never want to describe your actions with an Intent to kill description... in court you are what you say... " I pointed my weapon and fired because i was in fear of my life "

In court you don't wanna come across as "Dirty Harry" ... You wanna be Humble, Scared during the encounter, yet confident in your actions.

You want to play Defense, using the word Kill describes your actions as an Offensive mind set. Erase kill from your Vocabulary unless you're describing your Target's actions.

Saying something like "I intended to kill him" allows the prosecutor to use another word - "vigilante" and that's an uphill battle once it takes hold. Don't make it any easier for them.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsite View Post
    Ringo... please don't say KILL, you never want to describe your actions with an Intent to kill description... in court you are what you say... " I pointed my weapon and fired because i was in fear of my life "

In court you don't wanna come across as "Dirty Harry" ... You wanna be Humble, Scared during the encounter, yet confident in your actions.

You want to play Defense, using the word Kill describes your actions as an Offensive mind set. Erase kill from your Vocabulary unless you're describing your Target's actions.
    I don't want any jury to think that I carry a weapon because I walk around frightened of shadows or I'm scared of anything. I don't shoot to wound or cripple anyone, that's cruel, and stupid. I shoot to kill, because if I don't, I will be killed, period. That's what I want the jury to hear. I don't want any jury to have to ask me, "if my life was in such "great" danger, why did I take the "time" to only shoot to wound the BG"? I live in Arizona, things are different here.

Napolitano signs self-defense rights bill - East Valley Tribune: Home
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Didn't we just have this discussion? The goal is shoot to stop - if that ends up in a kill that is incidental.

We shoot to stop the threat period.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast