Conceal Carry Thoughts - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Conceal Carry Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by chiefpropellerhead View Post
    Over all, this is a good article with some excellent points. :) I only have a couple of suggestions or comments.

When posting an article, spell check really helps with grammar and spelling. :) Am I the only one that caught the spelling mistake with "technics"?

You say to "shoot to stop, not kill". I have a couple of problems with that.

A. if I or a loved one are in fear of serious bodily injury and/or death, when I pull my weapon it will be to put you down permanently. I will do my dead level best to hit you in the "kill zone". While I feel that I am probably good enough to hit you anywhere on your body that I point at, in the heat of the moment my first instinct will be to shoot at the kill zone and put the intruder on the ground.

When I went through a law enforcement academy back in 1981 they taught us to KILL a person that forces you to use deadly force. Deadly force IS just that, deadly force. If you want to use non lethal force then pulling your firearm and pulling the trigger is the LAST thing you should ever do. If you want to incapacitate an intruder with non lethal weapons then you need to purchase those weapons and get training on how to use them.

If you injure someone and they are alive that means that they can come back and visit you again and again. I am saying that it is possible, not necessarily probable. Not only that but they and their loved ones can sue you for everything you own. If the shooting is a good shooting then I think you probably do not have a lot to worry about.

Do we WANT to kill someone? I think that most of us HOPE that it never comes down to that. I would just as soon continue to do target practice at paper targets and be prepared. Being involved in a violent encounter with an intruder or assailant is not something as fun as what Hollywood would like you to believe. It is something you will relive in your mind for days, months and years after it is over.

Ok, I will shut up now... NEXT....
    While you articulate your (and probably most of our) thoughts beautifully, Chief, you MIGHT want to reconsider communicating these feelings to an overzealous leo or prosecutor!
    Many years ago, I too, was trained to fire center mass. To kill. But during my most recent civilian training to obtain a concealed pistol license I was trained to “stop the threat.” And to keep my mouth shut until I could talk to an attorney….Denny

Quote Originally Posted by dcselby1 View Post
    While you articulate your (and probably most of our) thoughts beautifully, Chief, you MIGHT want to reconsider communicating these feelings to an overzealous leo or prosecutor!
    Many years ago, I too, was trained to fire center mass. To kill. But during my most recent civilian training to obtain a concealed pistol license I was trained to “stop the threat.” And to keep my mouth shut until I could talk to an attorney….Denny
    Clearly, there's a point you're missing. We shoot to stop the threat doesn't mean we don't aim center mass. Center mass is the safest point of aim. The way I was trained was very simple; you aim center mass and you shoot until the target is no longer a threat.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Clearly, there's a point you're missing. We shoot to stop the threat doesn't mean we don't aim center mass. Center mass is the safest point of aim. The way I was trained was very simple; you aim center mass and you shoot until the target is no longer a threat.
    Agreed, except I was trained to shoot three times, regardless.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    What if he's still on his feet and coming after 3 ?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Three times regardless? I would assume someone is telling you the old two in the chest and one in the head military style of shooting. Please don't take this wrong. I am not saying you are a bad shot or that it is a bad idea. I just hope the second and third shots don't hit the wrong person.

I believe you shoot to "make the bad guy stop" whatever he or she is doing. This hopefully will be just one shot. However, if it takes more, I am not counting. Put the target down. Then stop firing. As several folks noted above, I don't want to kill anyone. However, if, during the course of falling to the ground after being hit, the person dies, I'm sorry.

Psalm 82:3-5

I can. I told a friend I had my permit , a week later we're sitting in church talking and someone I didn't want to know I carrying joined the conversation. At some point in the conversation my " friend" pops out of no where w/ " Treo's carrying a gun right now."
    Good to see that I am not the only person who made that mistake. It only takes one time! UGGH Nuts!

Psalm 82:3-5

Keep shooting of course.

Then shoot three more. Most felons give up after five shots anyway because they can't count any higher.

10. Another thought...

If you plan to resist, take action, or draw your weapon against someone, are you willing to accept the possibility of getting injured.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsite View Post
    Another thought...

If you plan to resist, take action, or draw your weapon against someone, are you willing to accept the possibility of getting injured.
    A lot less injured than if I didn't.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast