No more Alcohol for me - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: No more Alcohol for me

Boy, that first long drink of an ice-cold beer sure is good!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never while carrying and I try to carry whenever legal to do so. Did my share as a younger guy. Saftey first now in all things. Still like my cold one after mowing the lawn or when relaxing at home, but I am a real cheap date these days.
    USAF Vet
    USCCA Member
    Life Member NRA

Quote Originally Posted by BeauRyker View Post
    Boy, that first long drink of an ice-cold beer sure is good!!!!!!!!!!!!
    +10
    Did you fire up your bar-b too? Crikey! It's hot over here too...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I do not drink, I did many years ago, but my now X Wife is a drunk, she got nailed by the state police. 3 times the legal limit. She was fined $5 grand, lost her license for 3 months and got a restricted license for 9 months after that. Then had to pay some fees to get her license back. She still drinks.

Because I carry and don't want to be impaired, I don't drink.

That is a no brainer.

Jerry
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    North American Hunting Club Life Member
    Crossbow Nation

The threat of facing armed drunks seemed to deter looters in at least one Houston neighborhood after Hurricane Katrina's displaced thugs moved in from New Orleans

Last edited by diannabill; 07-10-2011 at 05:33 PM. Reason: clarification

7. Amen to the OP!

Thankfully if my wife and I go out anywhere and I decide to indulge at all she becomes the designated driver and designated carrier. We're just glad that doesn't happen very often.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey G, GRRRRRRRRR!!!!
    That's a typical kelcarry reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Profisher777 View Post
    I was thinking the other day, Why would I want to drink a beverage that would force me to leave my firearm in my vehicle locked up and unloaded when that could be the time when I would need it the most. In the past I have consumed a fair share of alcohol but now, I plan and will carry everywhere that is legal so from this point on, NO MORE ALCOHOL. Anybody else decide this?
    I never drink if I'm going to handle a firearm in any way. Miller time should be left for the end of the day when gun handling is over.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by diannabill View Post
    The threat of facing armed drunks seemed to deter looters in at least one Houston neighborhood after Hurricane Katrina's displaced thugs moved in from New Orleans

Although I think this is pretty funny it's a statement against each person's penal interest. As soon as someone is shot the accusation of alcohol will be made possibly causing a civil action.

Definitely sending a message to the perps in the area.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

In Minnesota, we are limited to no more than a .04% BAC when carrying. I've had a beer with lunch or dinner, but that's it.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234