Printing - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Printing

printing

I guess the questions spawns from the fact that I live in the coastal area of southern south Carolina and am not usually wearing a heavy coat or think shirt when it's 100 degrees. When I walk the dog I'm wearing a tshirt but obviously still want to carry so how do you still carry while staying comfortable? Any suggestions?

3. Fanny Pack
    Discussing Wisconsin's Concealed Carry Law At www.armedbadger.com

Think loose-fitting Hawaiian style shirts, with low shirt-tails, worn untucked. That...or get yourself a smaller firearm, one that can be carried (with a pocket holster) in the front pocket of your pants / shorts. Incidentally...those have the advantage of being able to grab hold of your gun and have it basically 'at the ready' without facing a brandishing charge.

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    Dress to conceal...why look for trouble. Don't try to play the percentage game ie: your gun is 50% hidden...100% is the magic number. We legal gun owners already have enough to worry about!
    When I was much younger, I had a "V" shaped upper torso and could carry a weapon under a shirt without printing. I am much older now and have a "U" shaped torso. The only way I can keep from printing now is to wear a blazer or other large garment but there will still be a bulge. If the LEO doesn't like that, I can take my outer garment off and open carry. It is legal to open carry here, consequently, I don't think he will mind the bulge.

I live in SC also and am always wearing shorts and either a tank top or t-shirt. I carry a PF-9 in an IWB holster. I find that a dark shirt or one with a complex pattern hides alot better than something light colored. I used to carry in my pocket but since I have found a comfortable IWB thats the only way I carry now. I'm not a young or a small person but this works for me.
    In any situation I can: Say nothing..which is cowardly, Lie..which is immoral or tell the truth..which will upset people.

Printing IS NOT the same as brandishing. To a trained eye, it might be enough PC to an LEO to question you. A large mass protruding from under your shirt could be anything. When in doubt, look it up:

South Carolina Law Enforcement Division

SECTION 23-31-210. Definitions.
    (6) “Concealable weapon” means a firearm having a length of less than twelve inches measured along its greatest dimension that must be carried in a manner that is hidden from public view in normal wear of clothing except when needed for self defense, defense of others, and the protection of real or personal property.

As for CC in the sultry South. Big shirt, untucked OR Tee with shoulder holster and BIG shirt over it. I CC a 1911A1 but I have the girth for it. Chest is bigger then the belly (for now).
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    Dress to conceal...why look for trouble. We legal gun owners already have enough to worry about!
    That type of fear to exercise a right, is the EXACT reason NY is such a anti-gun commie state!

Quote Originally Posted by ocergryan331 View Post
    I guess the questions spawns from the fact that I live in the coastal area of southern south Carolina and am not usually wearing a heavy coat or think shirt when it's 100 degrees. When I walk the dog I'm wearing a tshirt but obviously still want to carry so how do you still carry while staying comfortable? Any suggestions?
    SC is not a open carry state, printing is not illegal but will most likely cause you an issue if somebody called the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Printing IS NOT the same as brandishing. To a trained eye, it might be enough PC to an LEO to question you. A large mass protruding from under your shirt could be anything.
    Agreed - printing and peeking not brandishing. But frankly, I don't trust the frightened sheeple in this state to not whip out their cell phones make a panic call to 911 if my .45 peeks out while I'm reaching for soy sauce on the top shelf of Aisle 6. "OFFICER - COME QUICK - THERE IS A MAN WITH A GUN IN AISLE 6 OF THE STOP N SHOP!!"

11. Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    Dress to conceal...why look for trouble. Don't try to play the percentage game ie: your gun is 50% hidden...100% is the magic number. We legal gun owners already have enough to worry about!
    Nailed it! Out of sight, out of mind, out of the hands of the LEO.

BTW, did you know that a concealment vest can scream (visual communication folks) "gun" even more than your clothing "printing" against your firearm?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast