Printing - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Printing

printing

I guess some people are missing my point. I would never look for trouble. My perception of who I am would never change because I carry a gun. I guess my question is just that if I'm wearing a tshirt and shorts out while walking the dog and there is a bulge on my right side, is this legal or illegal? I know it's a broad question but I want to make sure I am within the law.

Quote Originally Posted by ocergryan331 View Post
    I guess some people are missing my point. I would never look for trouble. My perception of who I am would never change because I carry a gun. I guess my question is just that if I'm wearing a tshirt and shorts out while walking the dog and there is a bulge on my right side, is this legal or illegal? I know it's a broad question but I want to make sure I am within the law.
    A "bulge" is not printing, the outline of a gun is printing. There is no mention of "printing" or "intentional failure to conceal" in the stuff I just read. You really shouldn't worry about it unless you know your terrible at concealing your gun. What are you carrying, and what holster are you using? Maybe we can give you some suggestions.

S.C. Code of Laws Title 23 Chapter 31 Firearms - www.scstatehouse.gov-LPITS

Better Yet,

Move to Florida. While we are not yet able to open carry, incidental exposure is no longer a crime. There are those out that that no matter what they carry or how they carry, they are going to print. Printing should not be a crime. But then again the second amendment says the "right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". It does not say the right of the people to keep and bear arms only if others do not know you are carrying. Paranoia from the non believers is one of the greatest affronts to our 2nd amendment right.

printing

I carry two different guns. The first I'm not concerned about which is a Sig p238. I have a Desantis pocket holster and it works great. Now the other gun is a Glock 23 .40 which is a little bulky. I have a owb leather lock holster which is a little bulky but i should be receiving my Desantis sof tuk iwb holster tomorrow. Hopefully this will be comfortable yet nicely concealable.

Sounds like a rhetorical question that Mr. Gain answered well. Just seems to be common sense, when you look in a mirror, to know whether someone would know in an instant that you are CC. Brandishing is very clear and unmistakeable. The firearm is there for everyone to see. Wearing a see-thru net shirt and having a firearm on your belt, IMO, is brandishing. Wearing any kind of clothes, short of so form fitting that the firearm is obvious is not brandishing.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Just seems to be common sense,
    Which unfortunately is not all that comman.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Wearing any kind of clothes,
    I guess that leaves nudists out in the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I guess that leaves nudists out in the cold.
    Not so. There's always the fanny pack holster! :)

OR THIS:

double shoulder holster by TrenchtownHolsterCo on Etsy

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    A "bulge" is not printing, the outline of a gun is printing. There is no mention of "printing" or "intentional failure to conceal" in the stuff I just read. You really shouldn't worry about it unless you know your terrible at concealing your gun. What are you carrying, and what holster are you using? Maybe we can give you some suggestions.

<a href="http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t23c031.htm" target="_blank">S.C. Code of Laws Title 23 Chapter 31 Firearms - www.scstatehouse.gov-LPITS
    ^^^This^^^

Last year, (or year before?) SC passed a revision that protects CWP holders from accidental exposure. This included protection from "printing" and "flashing". (Though, I don't think there is mention on the SCLaw website.)

I usually carry a 24/7 Pro C 45 AIWB while I wear a "beach" shirt and shorts. I "ABSOLUTELY" know I have accidently flashed reaching for my wallet on several occasions without incident.

(I have also had my shirt-tail get caught behind my gun and several people saw it before I realized it had happened. But, I think; for the most part, South Carolina residents, unlike resident sheeple in libtard states don't get all bent out of shape over CC. So, I don't really worry about someone making a MWG call.)

I also carry an XDM40 IWB at 3:30. My XDM defintely gives a pronounced "bulge" in my waistband and the extended "grip" can be difficult to conceal while bending, stooping and squatting. But, once again, I personally have NEVER had any problem.

Just dress to "conceal" the best way you can and don't worry to much about it.

AND-

Buying a good IWB holster & belt will go a long way in helping you conceal better while remaining more comfortable.

I use CBSTs has my primary carry holsters; and on most occassions I wear a CB or WT belt to help prevent pulling and drooping. You may also find that AIWB conceals better than strong "side" carry. (I know that's true for me.)

BTW;
    I have also found most LEOs in our state strongly support CC. The few times I heard about LEO encounters here with CWP holders, they have ALL been positive.

-

Hey G: There are some nudists whose overlapping girth belly to hips would allow them to CC without a hint of "exposure"---pardon the pun. I do think that this is being overexamined. The quote of the law in one of the replies clearly refers to normal clothing that would cover the firearm--once again common sense should tell you right away whether you are literally open carrying or clearly printing to anyone with eyesight say with a top that is a see-thru netting type fabric, as opposed to a standard essentially opaque tee shirt.

11. Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Brandishing is very clear and unmistakeable. The firearm is there for everyone to see. Wearing a see-thru net shirt and having a firearm on your belt, IMO, is brandishing.
    Please do not make sweeping statements that may not be true outside your own state of residence. What you describe is in no way brandishing a firearm in most states.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast