florida law - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: florida law

1. As I stated I don't have my permit yet. I know that I have to get it and am just have to send my packet in. I just was doing some shopping trying to figure out the best way to carry. I'll be carrying a s&w bodyguard 380. I have a pocket holster for it and that's probably what I'll use.

Quote Originally Posted by marijke81 View Post
    As I stated I don't have my permit yet. I know that I have to get it and am just have to send my packet in. I just was doing some shopping trying to figure out the best way to carry. I'll be carrying a s&w bodyguard 380. I have a pocket holster for it and that's probably what I'll use.
    Yikes! "sending the packet in" is a recipe for disaster when trying to obtain a Florida CCW. If at all possible you should make an appointment at one of the state licensing offices and have them do everything electronically. The typical turnaround time when you mail your info to Tallahassee is around 3 months, and that's if nothing is wrong (a big "if" indeed. If they're not happy with the fingerprint copies, something wrong with the questionnaire, etc., you have to go back to square one.). If you take care of everything at one of the offices then you'll have your permit in 10-14 days.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

4. Thanks B2Tall, Good to know because I had my packet filled out but since I am moving soon that 3 month wait doesn't sound too good so I think I'll just make the hour drive if I can get my permit in 10-14 days.

Florida law makes no distinction about holsters. Under Florida statues, a "concealed weapon" is one that is "concealed from ordinary view", so if a casual observer doesn't actually see the gun, it's a legal way for a CCW permit holder to carry it. If you were carrying a pistol in an open-topped holster on your belt, without a covering garment, an observer could see the gun, and it would then be "open carry" and get you arrested. But the fully enclosed "cell phone" pockets cover ALL of the gun, just like a fanny pack, and are completely legal in Florida for CCW carry.

You like that caliber? your choice- but its all about stopping power and it aint in a 380 or 9mm short. I live in Duvall cty- LEO is not your friend and when they see that type of carry ( they dont care what the stats say)to the stockade for you. Dont **** around or you lose and your lack of foresight makes it tough on the rest of us

Last thing- 1911 series, stock weighs in at 40oz and 8.5 inches- Glock M36 weighs 20oz at 6.5 inches. Carry your doorstop in this heat for awhile and tell me how great it is, Only the dangerously uninformend speak ' plastic' and composite' in the same breath, its the load not the weapon 230 gr SJHP in 45acp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12