DIY Home made IWB holsters, kydex/leather hybrid - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DIY Home made IWB holsters, kydex/leather hybrid

1. How are you forming the Kydex? Assuming heat gun?

Vacuum forming like this guy in the video.

Have you ever worn a belt that in one notch it was too loose and in the other notch it was too tight? That's how I felt with the cant positions on my holster. One position was a little too low and my jeans would get caught up when reholstering. The other position was too high and I would print too much. So I added a couple more holes to my cant option and took the holster from 16 positions to 49 position. WOW, what a difference! This allowed me to fine tune the position perfectly!

I watched these two videos and made my holster almost to the tee of how they made theirs.
    I made my vacuum box out of an office trash can, a piece of pegboard, my shop vac, some glue, and silver duct tape. I had a piece of foam rubber that i used to press it in.
    Check out the videos, they may help.

Of course I made mine way smaller than these guys did. I think they may have went a little overboard on the holster that goes all the way across your back..

Great looking holster. I would love to give my hand at making my own, just have to find the material locally or online.
    Thanks for sharing!
    NRA Member
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    NRA Basic Shotgun Instructor

I took it to the next level and started selling them for $39. What do you think?
    clevelandsholsters.com
    We give away a free holster every month on our Facebook page!

BTW, I changed some of the design, I'd be interested in getting feedback on that too.

Thanks again!
    clevelandsholsters.com

10. Old Faithful holster sells kits with all the materials and instructions to make these, I believe for about $20. They even have a step by step video you can watch online. Check them out, oldfaithfulhostlers.com .

Would you be interested in buying a "do it yourself" version?
    clevelandsholsters.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast