Took the plunge!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took the plunge!!!

1. Took the plunge!!!

Finally, I sent my applications to Florida and Virginia....The saga will continue....

Does anyone know what is the current time on recieving your CCW's???

Thumbs up

Depending on the workload, Florida might take up to 6 weeks from receiving the application. I got mine in 4 and a half weeks from they received it.

4. Thanks

As I had already said, I have mine before 3 weeks and our young son recently got his earlier last year day after he went back to university.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

6. Anyones guess!!

I sent for my Florida permit on 4/13/11, on 6/9/11, I received notice that I needed to send in another set of fingerprints, I sent them in on the same day 6/9/11. My first set of fingerprints were taken at a Sheriff's office in Florida, the second from a Sheriff's jail in Wisconsin. The second set was no better than the first.
    I've talked to two people that have Florida permits, both had to send in a second set of prints (I guess old people have poor prints). One got his permit in 3 months, the other 11 months.

I'm still waiting!!!!

Good luck on yours.
    An optimist, is someone that doesn't know all the facts!

Do electronic prints it cost more but it solves the issue of bad prints as it will reject if not readable, so they do it again.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

I got my Florida permit super quick...less than 3 weeks!
    I went to the permit office in Miami...they took my pic & electronic prints and they pre-screen the application.
    Can't remember exactly what it cost, I think it was slightly over $100.
    good luck

Congrads, it will be worth the wait.

Don't know on non-resident. However some students from April said their permits came just this past week and it was 60 days for the RESIDENT permit. D.O.A tries to have them out within 90 days for resident permits so they are running ahead of schedule at the moment.

11. Quote Originally Posted by pmb61 View Post
    Don't know on non-resident. However some students from April said their permits came just this past week and it was 60 days for the RESIDENT permit. D.O.A tries to have them out within 90 days for resident permits so they are running ahead of schedule at the moment.
    Nonresident of Florida
    I believe if not for having to submit a second set of prints, I would have had mine in about 2 months.
    An optimist, is someone that doesn't know all the facts!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast