How often do you use your CCW? 5% of the time? - Page 13
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: How often do you use your CCW? 5% of the time?

If I'm wearing shoes, I'm packing heat.

3. I carry for work. When not in uniform I carry concealed every place I go.

4. whenever i can... 75% of the time.

Circle Me

All the time off the property except in the PO or on base. Why have the permit if you aren't going to use it? The police have no duty to protect you, only the gov't so the courts have said. So it is up to you to protect yourself. But I'm preaching to the chior here.

C - about 50% of the time. And that includes carry in my soft briefcase which I keep by my side most of the work day, and in a gym bag or camera bag.

It seems to me that some of our posters here are not very good at math, ... or perhaps they have other issues ....

Do they carry 100% of the time when they go to the Post Office, hospital, or into places prohibited for concealed carry? Do they carry when entering private homes without permission? What about church and when they carry their kids to events and activities on schoolgrounds?

How many hours a day are you sleeping, shaving, grooming, dressing, and engaged in other activities where it is simply not practical to have a firearm in your waistband?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Karsten View Post
    Do they carry 100% of the time when they go to the Post Office, hospital, or into places prohibited for concealed carry? Do they carry when entering private homes without permission? What about church and when they carry their kids to events and activities on schoolgrounds?
    Post offices are not a prohibited place by default unless defined in state law as such. There is no Federal law or regulation preventing the lawful carry of a firearm into a post office.

Hospitals are generally considered private businesses and are under the same rules as those businesses. It isn't necessarily illegal to carry there but you must leave if asked to do so.

The same goes for private homes. You don't have to get permission beforehand but you must leave if asked to do so. All of my friends know I carry almost all the time and I have taken my pistol with me to most of their houses. The only exceptions are, A: when I know I'm going to be drinking I leave it at home and B: when I know there are going to be kids there I'll usually leave it in the car if there is a good chance I'll be playing with them. The chances are quite good since kids tend to like me.

In both places I've lived, Indiana and Arizona, it also isn't illegal by default to carry in church. I have mine with me almost every Sunday.

8. If I'm at work I'm usually drinking because of work so I don't carry much at all.

9. I don't drink, but occasionally meet some buddies to play pool at a local bar. Illegal in my state to carry in a bar, so I lock the gun up in my truck's tool box for the duration. That's about the only time in public when I don't pack. I avoid businesses that prohibit carry.

Quote Originally Posted by cawpin View Post
    Post offices are not a prohibited place by default unless defined in state law as such. There is no Federal law or regulation preventing the lawful carry of a firearm into a post office.

Hospitals are generally considered private businesses and are under the same rules as those businesses. It isn't necessarily illegal to carry there but you must leave if asked to do so.

The same goes for private homes. You don't have to get permission beforehand but you must leave if asked to do so. All of my friends know I carry almost all the time and I have taken my pistol with me to most of their houses. The only exceptions are, A: when I know I'm going to be drinking I leave it at home and B: when I know there are going to be kids there I'll usually leave it in the car if there is a good chance I'll be playing with them. The chances are quite good since kids tend to like me.

In both places I've lived, Indiana and Arizona, it also isn't illegal by default to carry in church. I have mine with me almost every Sunday.
    I am glad you are going to church! In our state, you can carry concealed in church with "express permission."

You had better check again in regard to the Post Office or perhaps you may be in for a rude awakening. Please see the quote below.

State laws and regulations may vary from state to state about hospitals. Our instructor stated very clearly that we were prohibited from carrying concealed in Post Offices and Federal buildings, courtrooms, hospitals, police facilities, etc.

However, the theme of this thread is not specifically in regard to prohibited places for concealed carry but how much you use your right to carry concealed. My post had to do with the poor mathematical abilities of many of the members based on their super high percentages of time they claim to be carrying. Some claims just do not seem to be realistic.

While I do have a Glock 40 within two feet of my head when sleeping, I would not claim to be carrying concealed at that time. Nor am I holding it in my left hand while scrubbing my back in the shower with my right hand.

Possession of Firearms and Other Dangerous Weapons on Postal Property is Prohibited by Law

18 U.S.C. Section 930.

Possession of Firearms and Dangerous Weapons in Federal Facilities

(a) Except as provided in subsection (d), whoever knowingly possesses or causes to be present a firearm or other dangerous weapon in a federal facility, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.

(b) Whoever, with intent that a firearm or other dangerous weapon be used in the commission of a crime, knowingly possesses or causes to be present such firearm or dangerous weapon in a federal facility, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.

39 CFR 232.1(l).

Weapons and Explosives

No person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, except for official purposes.

Report all firearms violations immediately to the
    Postal Inspection Service

"Maybe I is.....maybe I ain't. Does you feel lucky?

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast