How does an old fat guy carry concealed in the summer? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How does an old fat guy carry concealed in the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by jcarmody View Post
    Wear an untucked Hawaiian shirt with an IWB holster between 3 and 9 o'clock.
    There is a shirt style called a "Guyaberra" which is worn in Latin American countries as well as the Phillipines as a dress shirt and not tucked in. They are available here also and easily conceal your weapon. It is somewhat billowly and very comfortable. To me, it is the ultimate in hot weather carry. As a slimming down and soon to be a former fat guy (I hope) I will still wear these shirts because they are so stylish.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    There is a shirt style called a "Guyaberra" which is worn in Latin American countries as well as the Phillipines as a dress shirt and not tucked in. They are available here also and easily conceal your weapon. It is somewhat billowly and very comfortable. To me, it is the ultimate in hot weather carry. As a slimming down and soon to be a former fat guy (I hope) I will still wear these shirts because they are so stylish.

I located a site that sells these shirts in "Big Boy" sizes. I too am in the process of shrinking myself down (100 pounds down since December) and think this style of shirt will work well for me this summer. Thanks for the tip!

http://guayaberashirt.com/shop/mens-big-tall-c-40.html

lol i'm a middle aged fat guy myself! i wear button up shirts that have a long side and tail and i carry a para ordnance double stack 1911. but i don't tuck my shirts in. its kinda like wearing hawian shirts year round for me but without the hawian patterns on them

Hawaiian shirts, or Walmart polo shirt, George brand made with wicking fabric that helps keep you cool. With these I am able to conceal a Glock 22 in a Kramer #2 IWB with no problem.

6. "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Willis View Post
    how about a fannypack?
    +1 You're old so nobody will make fun of you for wearing one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

I'm an old skinny guy, can't help you there...
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

There's pocket carry holsters, if your gun is pocket-size. Even pocket holsters can require a little "dress-around" to keep things accessable and confortable.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutGunner View Post
    Hi, new guy here. Does anyone have any suggestions for a fat, old, one legged man on how to carry concealed in the summer? I've about given up. I bought a vest for that from NRA. It's just too darn hot.
    Cargo shorts. I've found that I can carry any of my pistols up to my HK P2000 in the side pockets.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Question fat guy beachwear carry

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I'm not sure how having only one leg may effect carry methods. But, I am an old fat guy who is disabled and has trouble standing & walking.

My PCM when I wear shorts and a beach shirt in the summer HEAT, or pants & jacket in the winter is a GOOD gunbelt and a Crossbreed Supertuck "Deluxe" holster. I usually carry AIWB in a trimmed down CBST with "velcro" clips; especially when I tuck my shirt tail in.

"IF", I'm wearing beachwear or sweats where I don't have the option of a belt, I love my "Smartcarry".

One more thing I might add is; if you use a wheelchair I would suggest carrying AIWB. I believe this method may provide you with the fastest and easiest access from a "sitting" position.
    What the H%#* are you talking about? New guy here.....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast