How does an old fat guy carry concealed in the summer? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How does an old fat guy carry concealed in the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Willis View Post
    how about a fannypack?
    I agree! Before anyone gets into the negatives let me say that this easily addresses what the original poster asked about.
    A very simple remedy.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Quote Originally Posted by wild eyed willy View Post
    I'm an old skinny guy, can't help you there...
    Maybe you should be banned from this site! Certainly from this thread!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

4. I'm at least 20 pounds over weight. With conceal carry finally [almost] legal here in Wisconsin this has been a real concern for me. Just another reason to get healthy I guess.
    Discussing Wisconsin's Concealed Carry Law At www.armedbadger.com

5. I find that a Sticky Holster Big Mouth option works for me.
    I wear the equivalent to gym shorts and a tank top around the house.
    I have tucked in my waistband at 3:00 a XD9sc and it surprisingly stays put.
    I can draw smoothly and the holster stays put.
    The Big Mouth option makes it easier to re-holster.
    I'm very impressed with it.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    He must have been a fan of the Morgan Freeman movie, "The Shawshank Redemption."
    FWIW, that was actually a rock hammer that was being concealed in the inmate's Bible, but same idea.

7. I wear suspenders under my untucked polo shirt. They're Perry Suspenders that use a kind of J hook to attach to your belt. No clips to slip and ping you in the back of the head. They are also available at WalMart. Coupled with a Wilderness Instructors belt I carry OWB to alleviate pressure on my back.

ScoutGunner, welcome to the forum. We would be better able to answer your question if we knew more about your disability and the gun you intend to carry concealed. About your disability, are you able to walk or are you in a wheel-chair, even occasionally? If/when ambulatory, do you use an aid such as a cane or crutch? If you use an aid, is it used with your strong hand or support hand? Lots of help available in this forum...just need a little more info on your situation.

Speaking as a disabled, old, fat guy, I carry under a Guayabera or Aloha shirt.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

10. I wear Perry Suspenders under my shirt hooked to a Wilderness Instructors Belt. The belt is as important as a good holster. The suspenders take the weight off your hips.

Not a bad idea. I might be able to squeeze my iphone in there also.
    Quote Originally Posted by nymoose View Post
    A few months ago I bought the NRA 5.11 Select Carry Pistol Pouch. Similar to a fanny pack it holds a small/medium handgun, a knife, extra clips, and has a few other pockets for keys, money, etc. Not a perfect solution though; It is generally my "last resort" choice.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast