How does an old fat guy carry concealed in the summer? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How does an old fat guy carry concealed in the summer?

ScoutGunner, aloha shirts and Tommy Bahama-style shirts are excellent covers for concealed carry. But, I don't know how easily you'll be able to draw from your waist when seated in a scooter. Many scooters have armrests that would seem to limit a rider's ability to draw quickly or smoothly. While I have no experience with shoulder holsters (when wearing a coat) or fanny pack-carry, these options might work for you regardless of whether you're walking or riding.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutGunner View Post
    Lost my right leg as results of Vietnam. I had a C-leg prosthetic and can get around quite a bit, but range is cut short by asthma (Agent Orange) and bad back (1st helicopter crash). I use a Rascal electric 4-wheeled scooter to get around malls and such and have been tempted to mount a mg on the front of it. Mall folks can get quite rude. When walking I sometimes use a nice cane given to me by a friend in MOPH. I am thinking the Aloha shirt is a really good idea with belted shorts. Ya'll have come up with some really good ideas although I had to look up the initials for some of them. Thanks much.

I also have used a leg band holster for my Beretta Tomcat on my prosthetic leg when wearing pants. Works well in winter, but I have to do the shorts in summer for the heat and ease of using bathrooms. I'm going to try all the ideas you experienced gentlemen have suggested. Thanks much...

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutGunner View Post
    Lost my right leg as results of Vietnam. I had a C-leg prosthetic and can get around quite a bit, but range is cut short by asthma (Agent Orange) and bad back (1st helicopter crash). I use a Rascal electric 4-wheeled scooter to get around malls and such and have been tempted to mount a mg on the front of it. Mall folks can get quite rude. When walking I sometimes use a nice cane given to me by a friend in MOPH. I am thinking the Aloha shirt is a really good idea with belted shorts. Ya'll have come up with some really good ideas although I had to look up the initials for some of them. Thanks much.
    Not a bad choice, if you are walking. I like the FIST holster with velcro clip adjustment since I can wear the weapon strong side when I am going to be up and about, or cross draw when I am going to be seated a lot. Being an IWB design, it conceals pretty well in either position.

BTW: 50 years old, 6'3", 350#

If you are using an electric scooter, you might consider having a shotgun scabbard mounted to it. It does throw concealment out the window, but hey, it has a nice "Don't screw with me!" look to it.

I love reading about men discussing their weight and fashion tips!

SHAHZBOT!! I fergit thar might be wimmins on this forum.....I be so haunt.....

Dangit! Blew my cover. Well, you're all adorable anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Dangit! Blew my cover. Well, you're all adorable anyway.
    You kinda lost your cover when you entered this year's Miss CCW pagent.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    You kinda lost your cover when you entered this year's Miss CCW pagent.
    Was I entered? I got cold feet when I knew I had to compete against Daisy. Who could resist that snuggly muzzle?

11. I use a simple holster and always wear a belt (even with things that don't have belts like gym shorts) and just have a long shirt over it. I am 6'3" and almost 400# ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast