How does an old fat guy carry concealed in the summer? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How does an old fat guy carry concealed in the summer?

1. Buzzboy

I carry an IWB with a loose button up short sleeve shirt. Very easy access.

This is a very interesting thread and I learned a lot. I too am in this situation and a fanny pack may be the way to go for me,
    any suggestions.

OK, I'm ready for the "slings and arrows", but I carry in my "man purse". I have used it for a couple of years and everyone around here is used to seeing me with it. They don't have any idea that there is a loaded 9mm and extra magazine inside. I fabricated a custom holster that snaps into the bag to secure the weapon. Works for me.

I heard no slings nor arrows about Jack Bower's carry-all...and it can hold some C4, timers, and caps besides....just sayin'

How does an old fat guy carry concealed in the summer?

The REAL question here is.....

WHY are you interested in how I carry?

But.... since you are asking.... does it make my butt look big?

I have several pairs of cargo shorts I carry my LCR in its Blackhawk pocket holster in the cargo pocket.
    Roy
    Dacono CO
    CCW, Ruger LCR, Winchester 94, S&W 686-3

8. Try one of the concealed carry vests that are marketed by Sportsmen's Guide. Lots of pockets for carrying a cell phone and camera, plus it solves the problem of what to do when having to take a sitdown when nature calls.

9. A special panel in my pack

I make ballistic panels for backpacks, carry-alls, and such for threat level 3a protection, like carrying a piece of body armor vest that weighs about as much as a bottle of water, and for my personal gear I add a nylon holster pouch for my keltech p3at. The panel slips into the back of my backpack and the pouch is mounted about 4 or 5 inches below the top of the panel for easy access from my top zipper.
    I can set I you up with a similar "bulletblocker" panel set up with a holster pouch for your weapon or I can mount heavy duty velcro strips for your holster (or add a strap for a clip etc. i'll give you a good discount as a dav.

I pocket carry my LCP weakside, Carhartt jeans in winter and cargo/hiking shorts in summer. The LCP is so thin it just looks like I have a cell phone or wallet there, no printing.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456