How does an old fat guy carry concealed in the summer?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How does an old fat guy carry concealed in the summer?

How does an old fat guy carry concealed in the summer?

Hi, new guy here. Does anyone have any suggestions for a fat, old, one legged man on how to carry concealed in the summer? I've about given up. I bought a vest for that from NRA. It's just too darn hot.

I'm old fat guy too. I carry a full size m&p iwb holster at five'ok position quite comfortable.

I'm not sure how having only one leg may effect carry methods. But, I am an old fat guy who is disabled and has trouble standing & walking.

My PCM when I wear shorts and a beach shirt in the summer HEAT, or pants & jacket in the winter is a GOOD gunbelt and a Crossbreed Supertuck "Deluxe" holster. I usually carry AIWB in a trimmed down CBST with "velcro" clips; especially when I tuck my shirt tail in.

"IF", I'm wearing beachwear or sweats where I don't have the option of a belt, I love my "Smartcarry".

One more thing I might add is; if you use a wheelchair I would suggest carrying AIWB. I believe this method may provide you with the fastest and easiest access from a "sitting" position.

ScoutGunner,
    I purchased the Belly Band from Sporstmans Guide it works great and makes you look like you have a trimmer Mid-Section and it's inexpensive around $20.00 It holds your Full size weapon, Extra clip & Wallet

how about a fannypack?

7. Wear an untucked Hawaiian shirt with an IWB holster between 3 and 9 o'clock.

Lightbulb Idea from "My Name is Earl"

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I'm not sure how having only one leg may effect carry methods. But, I am an old fat guy who is disabled and has trouble standing & walking.
    If you only have one leg, you could carry your sidearm in a box of donuts. I got the idea from that show, "My Name is Earl."

A few months ago I bought the NRA 5.11 Select Carry Pistol Pouch. Similar to a fanny pack it holds a small/medium handgun, a knife, extra clips, and has a few other pockets for keys, money, etc. Not a perfect solution though; It is generally my "last resort" choice.
    NYMoose

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    If you only have one leg, you could carry your sidearm in a box of donuts. I got the idea from that show, "My Name is Earl."
    Do you happen to remember that old "Western" wherein Robert Mitchum carried a derringer in a hollowed out Bible.... and maskeraded as a "Preacher" to boot? LOL! Perfect disguise!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Do you happen to remember that old "Western" wherein Robert Mitchum carried a derringer in a hollowed out Bible.... and maskeraded as a "Preacher" to boot? LOL! Perfect disguise!

GG
    He must have been a fan of the Morgan Freeman movie, "The Shawshank Redemption."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast