Rust?!?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rust?!??

Quote Originally Posted by getlost4x4 View Post
    Lube it with wd40. It removes rust and inhibits it
    WD40 is not good for guns
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

3. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Lube it with wd40. It removes rust and inhibits it
    WD40 is not good for guns
    Out of curiosity why?

I've never used it my guns. But using it to remove the rust wouldn't hurt anything in my opinion. It's not like I'm saying use it instead of gun oil or grease.

I've always been told never to use WD40 on guns because of the weird residue it leaves, can become gummy and sticky, same for WD40 and fans.

Out of curiosity why?

I've never used it my guns. But using it to remove the rust wouldn't hurt anything in my opinion. It's not like I'm saying use it instead of gun oil or grease.
    As Laithe said, WD40 leaves a residue that gets sticky and can impede a firearm from working correctly
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Sentry Solutions Marine Tuf-Cloth. Been using it for about two years on my XD-40 in Crossbreed Super Tuck. I am a big guy prone to body moisture accumulation. I wipe down my pistol before I put it in my vault every day after cary. Sentry Solutions: Marine Tuf-Cloth

WD 40 is the worst thing to use on a gun it has no lubricating properties and it is to be used as a water displacement hence wd not a lubricant it will build up and make the parts work that much harder rem oil or even household 4 in 1 is a better product than wd 40 and not as hard on the wood or the plastic or synthetic parts

8. I've got a preventive product that will help immensely!

Fluid Film

I've used this on 1980's production Desert Eagle pistols that have been left to rot and if it's used properly it will kill the rust, bubbling like hydrogen peroxide. Depending on how bad the rust is, it may require a buffing wheel to help pull it out of the finish with the FF.

BTW, Fluid Film CANNOT help the rusting issues we've been seeing lately with the Ruger LCP. After the tornado hit Joplin, Mo I had a dozen people with Ruger LCP's ask me to clean up their rusted pistols. They were completely ruined and could only be helped by refinishing or replacing the entire pistol. One of those was a LEO who had his in an ankle holster the entire time, the humidity radiating off the wet ground surfaces ruined his LCP, so much so that I could tell what parts were exposed and what parts contacted clothing...worse still was that it wouldn't cycle properly.

Sentry Solutions Tuf Cloth. Been using it for about two years on my CC guns. Wipes on easily and leaves a protective coating on the metal.

Unhappy rust

WD40 will also pentrate the primer caps of the cartidges, causing a FTF. Frequent cleaning/lubing w/ RemOil is highly recommended. Light coat too avoid attaching dirt.

Shame all those LCP's were destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by zinker518 View Post
    WD40 will also pentrate the primer caps of the cartidges, causing a FTF. .
    That has been proven FALSE....... By the guys who do "the box of truth" I believe......

BTW, I would like to formally ask for actual proof/studies on the WD40 "gums up" opinion, I have never seen anything to prove that beyond rumors. I am not, however saying WD40 is a good thing/product to use, there are other products that are actually designed for that purpose.... at no higher price for the most part, so why use something else like Wd?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast