Rust?!?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rust?!??

I would also highly recommend the Sentry Solutions Marine Tuf-Cloth. Buy a couple of them, and a couple of bottles of Marine Tuf-Glide to replenish the cloths when they run dry. They're pretty easy to use...once you have completely cleaned the surfaces you want to protect (say, the exterior of your slide) wipe them for a minute or two with a Tuf-Cloth very firmly. Let the part(s) air dry and you're good to go. The ingredients dry to the touch like Eezox does.

Got a glock to fix the problem.

4. Frog Lube is the best rust protection I have found for my LCP. I had tried almost everything else listed here (not tuf-cloth) and nothing protected for more than a week with pocket carry. I have went months after frog lube and there is still no sign of rust.

I like a light coat of G-96.

A .02 from someone who has lived in the N. Miss humidity for my whole life:

I wouldn't store the gun in the holster, remove it after every carry.

CLP or Remoil is fine, wipe the exterior of the gun after every carry with a very light coat of either. Keep in mind that every time you put the gun into the holster you are rubbing oil off of the gun. Also, the tiniest movement makes the holster serve as an abrasive against the gun. The key is doing this daily...it takes how long, maybe 30 seconds?

If the holster is absorbing your sweat, it is now full of salt, which causes rust.

I know it sounds crazy but I have always used a pencil eraser to remove light surface rust from guns and other items. Use a tiny bit of rubbing alcohol to remove the oil from the spot if necessary, rub with a pencil eraser until you don't see the rust, then reapply oil. This only will take care of minor surface rust.

Be aware that even if you can no longer see rust, the finish has been penetrated, and you will have to pay special attention to those spots because they will easily rust again.

If the pencil eraser doesn't do the trick there are other options but try that first.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

I use WD-40 to clean all of my weapons and then wipe them down with G-96 and have been doing so for over 35 year's
    Bill

8. After talking to some local gunsmiths and shop owners I've been using Barricade by Birchwood Casey for a year now on all my guns, awesome stuff, won't damage wood stocks, long lasting and easy to use. Personally when I want rust prevention I buy a product specifically formulated for rust prevention, instead of a general purpose oil or other product without the qualities I want stated on the label.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

I don't believe there is a magic cure, other than daily routine maint. with a good oil. You could have duracoat or ceracoat applied, then you would only have to worry about the inner parts rusting. Brownells makes a good rust preventitive, #2, but if you have sensitive skin you may want to avoid that. good luck!
    Endeavor to Persevere, Freedom is not Free

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123