Why get a non resident permit? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why get a non resident permit?

You may want to travel to a state that does not honor the permit of your state but might honor another states's permit.

Or, you may not be able to get a permit in your state but you are able to get a non res permit from a state that your state does honor. Like in my case, I live in NC and am a legal resident alien but not a citizen. So I can not get a NC permit but I can get a UT non res permit which is honored in NC. Voila.

3. And, Missouri currently has a 23 year old age limit. An 18 year old can get a Maine non-resident permit to carry on in Missouri.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

4. I used to travel a lot in Va. even though I didn't live there and am pretty well covered by my Pa. and Florida permits. It was relatively easy to get and I figured it's sure a lot easier to present a Va. permit in Va. rather than trying to explain the concept of reciprocity by the side of the road at night.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    If you already knew the answer to the question, then why did you ask it? I provided a reasonable answer to the question you asked.
    Because he wanted to impress you by using *'s to get around the site's language filter, which BTW is against forum rules.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123